Chapter 5

"Back again" Fear grinned. Wildfire walked up to me. "I really do enjoy tearing your flesh off your bones"
"Yummy" Fear smiled.
They jumped at me again, and I felt the same feeling as the other times, pain, blood, tears, meat being ripped off bone.

"Wake up!" StripeTail yelled. His face had a worried look. I jumped up. "What's wrong?!"
'Was Fear and Wildfire really here!?'
"Stop doing that!" StripeTail hissed. I looked at him blankly without saying a word. "Stop screaming in your sleep" StripeTail looked a bit calmer when he saw nothing was bothering me very much. "Oh. Sorry. Just a nightmare." My gaze dropped to the floor. " well, BlackHawk has some news" StripeTail fast-walked to mother and BlackHawk, and I slowly stood up then followed him.

"They're all ready and trained to go. They will leave their homes to attack the territory at night fall." BlackHawk said. "What are you going to do?"
"I'm not leaving" mom stood up straight. "Me neither" StripeTail walked beside her. "But what are 'you' going to do?" Mother asked BlackHawk. "I doubt they're going to let you rejoin their pack"

"I know" I said and they all looked at me. " Mother and StripeTail, you want to stay. Me and BlackHawk don't mind. So this is what we must do." I told them my plan. "Your a very brave kitten, BlueWhiskers, but I know this is the right choice."

StripeTail smiled at me. "It's dark. Time to start" I nodded. Mother pulled me and StripeTail into a tight cat-hug.
We nodded at each other. "Take care of my sister, dog" StripeTail said to BlackHawk. "Don't make her grow up like a dog" he said and BlackHawk nodded and smiled a little. BlackHawk and me ran up to the bridge.

All the men and dogs were about to cross. They were in 'cars, bulldozers, cranes' and others things. BlackHawk and I were now climbing down a steep hill, under the bridge. There was a huge pile of wood underneath, that we had put there earlier. It wasn't hard to find wood with all the trees the men have been cutting down.

There was an unlit 'torch' down here, that we had gotten from the men. BlackHawk rubbed two rocks together and a spark flew from them and landed on the torch and it lit. BlackHawk handed it to me. I grabbed it slowly in my mouth. The flames were wild. I looked at the flame in front of my eyes with fear. I swallowed a deep gulp, then looked to BlackHawk who's torch was lit too.

We both walked to the giant stack of wood. "1..." BlackHawk looked up and I followed his gaze.They were beginning to cross. "2...." I said. They were almost at the center of the bridge. "3!" We threw the torches into the wood. It started as a small flame. I looked at BlackHawk in concern. The fire wasn't spreading. "It will get bigger..." BlackHawk said. But the fire burnt out. "No, no, no!" BlackHawk grabbed his two rocks and began rubbing them on each other. 'What do I do?' I thought. I quickly grabbed two rocks and copied BlackHawk.

🐱

Me and mom watched as the men and their machines and dogs crossed the bridge. "Why isn't it lighting....?" I asked myself. "Come on, BlueWhiskers..." Mother said hopefully. A couple of dogs crossed and began attacking. Their names were Wog and Delta. I attacked Wog who was a male, and mom attacked Delta who was female and looked like Wogs sister. Now a dog named Horrie came.

Then all out of nowhere. Fire.

🐱

The wood blazed in flames and the bridge exploded. BlackHawk and I scrambled away, through a hallway.
I was slower and the fire was at my ankles. BlackHawk grabbed my scruff and threw my forward into a tiny cave looking thing. We both turned away from the fire. I closed my eyes and felt the heat on my side.