Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Aaw...look Fear, it's a little kitten!" Wildfire said to Fear and they laughed. "Are you lost little one?" Wildfire said sweetly. I remembered to find the good in people. "No, I-" I began then found that I was in the middle of an unknown part of some forest. "Well, yes" it was confusing. I didn't know where I was. Wildfire and Fear chuckled evilly. "Too bad mommy isn't here to save you!" Fear laughed. I backed away, but it was too late, WildFire was blocking my way. I was surrounded. "Mom!" I yelped. "Muahahaha!" They laughed before tearing me to pieces. I felt their cold claws dig threw my flesh. My warm blood pour freely out of my burning wounds. I felt the sting of my flesh ripping. I meowed for help and tears poured from my eyes. "You can't find the good in Fear, and a Wildfire!!!" Fear said.
"Fear us!!!" Wildfire ripped up my face.

I awoke with a scream. 'It was just a dream BlueWhiskers....there's good in everyone's heart' I thought to myself before taking a big swallow to soothe my dry throat. It was still dark. I was only sleeping for about two hours I guesstimated. BlackHawk was still awake. He was staring at the night sky. 'I wonder if he wants to go back? If he missed his friends?' I thought with a sigh. I stood up. The tips of my ears and paw pads were burning hot. A lot of animals sweat when they're hot, whether it is heat from the outside or inside, but cats just let out the heat from the tips of their body.

I couldn't sleep again. I walked beside BlackHawk and sat next to him. "Hey" I started "Do you know Fear and Wildfire?" I asked. "Let me guess, this is another way to start a conversation?" BlackHawk asked, his eyes never leaving the sky. "No...I'm just curious" I said looking at the water. "Mmm..." BlackHawk hummed, then sighed. He finally turned and looked at me. "All dogs know of Wildfire and Fear" BlackHawk said. "Fear... She's called that because she brings fear to people's hearts. And her leader, Wildfire....for she destroys all in her path...like a wildfire. Some say they're a story to keep pups from going into the unknown, but some say....they still live among us at this very moment." BlackHawk finished the story. "I remember it word for word, exactly how my father told it to me. "Do I believe it? I don't know. I kinda believe they used to exist, but after all these years, I'm sure they're dead, or too old to kill, no cat can live that long." BlackHawk sat and licked his paws. "Do you believe in them?" He asked me. "Eh...same as you I guess" I replied. I wasn't quite sure what I thought. I really didn't want to believe it was or still is true.

"BlackHawk?"
"Mhm"
"Do you actually like training with the humans?" I asked. "Yeah. We are taken as pups, and the humans teach us to like them" BlackHawk explained. "Then what happened to you?" I asked. He chuckled a little. "Well, when they got me, they got me at the same time as Chip, Oscar, Judy, and Chesty. So they had to train all of us at the same time, so they didn't concentrate on me too much. Cause Chesty, Chips and Judy are triplets, and are proud dogs, like Oscar. I'm not like that, I'm relaxed and laid back." BlackHawk explained.
I nodded. "Alright, I guess I should be off to my den." I yawned.
"Yeah, I'd be if I had a bed" BlackHawk mumbled. I felt kinda bad for him. He wouldn't even fit in my den.
He lay his paws on the grass and his head on his paws, then closed his eyes.
I had to keep him company, I decided. I lay on the grass beside him, trying to get in a comfortable position that i wouldn't hurt my stub tail, and closed my eyes too.
"Thanks" BlackHawk said. But before I could answer I fell into a deep sleep, I only managed a smile.

"Oh, hello" Fear greeted. I was back in the middle of the forest again. "Fancy seeing you here delicious" Wildfire leaned down. They both laughed. "Poor thing" Fear teased. My eyes were wide and my ears were down, and I was crouching low. I remembered the pain from last time. "Your all alone? Awww" Fear said. "Maybe you should keep your family some company?" Wildfire rubbed her stomach with her paw. "Muahahaha" They laughed evilly then Wildfire attacked me. She pinned me to the ground on my back. I squealed. Wildfire dug her fangs into my stomach, and tore it out. I was being eaten alive. "Muahahaha!!!!"