Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I woke up to ants nibbling at my skin.'ouch!'
"Do I look dead to you?!" I smacked the ants off me, but one stayed. "I'm gonna name you stubborn" I swung the ant off. "Okay, now, not sure what that was about" I padded to out the den and towards the leader. "What's going on?" I asked as I saw what seemed to be the whole clan gathered around.
"Well, the pups and kits that are now old enough for a job in the clan, are choosing their jobs and names" Gorgeous said. "Names? What do you mean?"
"Well, do you think I was gorgeous when I was first born? Well, maybe I was, but say, Savage, he wasn't savage when he was first born. And silence wasn't as silent when he was a pup"

"So when you are an adult animal you get a new name?" I asked. "Yeah" Gorgeous stepped forward. "First up!"
"Me" A bulky, brown, male boxer dog, stepped from the crowd. "What would you like your name to be?" Gorgeous said in a gentle voice. "Bulk. And I'd like to be a hunter" he said. "Okay, then, join the hunters. You are BloodThirsty's apprentice hunter" Gorgeous pointed with her head, to a creepy looking black dog.

"Next"
"I'd like to be a patrol cat. And my name is Gentle" said a pretty ginger kitten

"I'd like to be a patrol cat, and my name is Better" said a fluffy white female cat.

"Hunter. Killer"
"Patrol. Snicker"
"Patrol. Backstab.

I bumped Gorgeous gently. "Can I be a patrol cat?" I asked. "Of course, but aren't you a little young?" She asked.
I shook my head. "Okay" Gorgeous looked around. "Join that old cat over there" she pointed with her head, then turned back to the others. I looked around, then spotted a black cat. To be honest, he didn't look old, but I guessed it was him. I fast walked to him. Gentle, Better, Snicker and Backstab, were also there.

I stood next to Better. "Hey" I whispered. "Hey, your new to the clan yeah?" Better asked, and I nodded. I was enjoying the company of all these cats my age.

"Okay, off you go!" Gorgeous meowed.
The old, black cat turned and started walking, and we all followed him. Gentle padded towards me. "Hey, I'm Gentle!" She whispered loudly.
"I'm BlueWhiskers" I said. I looked around for BlackHawk. 'He must not have a job yet. Or maybe he's a hunter?'

"Who's he?" I asked Gentle, pointing with me head to the old black cat. "He's the patrol leader. He's quick, quicker then you can imagine. He's serious, doesn't like playing around, and is so creepy. He is 10 years old" Gentle said. "Seriously?! He looks 5!"
I said in shock. "No" Gentle laughed "Just healthy"
"And his name?" I asked, turning my head to Gentle. " Nobody knows his name...but we know it starts with 'R' so that's what we call him, R" Gentle said swallowing deeply, then looking at R who stood at the front. 'Is Gentle scared of R?' I thought. 'Okay then...maybe I should try and stay on his good side...'

"Alright!" R said, making the new patrollers jump. "Everyone into your groups, except team A, you go more towards the dead forest this time" The patrollers just nodded, then ran out of sight. The new patrollers just stood there. "What are our teams?" Better whispered to Snicker.
We all just stood there, and R sat on a rock, looking into the distance, this must be his patrol spot. "Do you think he forgot us?" Gentle whispered in my ear. 'Where right here, he can't have missed us?'

"You should go ask him" I said to Gentle. She gasped but still kept her voice down. "No! You go!"
I walked to Better, Snicker and Backstab. "You should ask, I'm not really used to the clan members yet, you know how to speak to him?"
Better scrunched her face "You go"
"Yeah" Snicker agreed "unless you're afraid?" Backstab teased. "Mmm" I moaned uncomfortably. 'Don't make yourself look bad on your first day!' I told myself.

I walked to R who was still sitting on the rock. He hadn't moved an inch.
"Excuse me?"
Nothing.
"Hello?"
Nothing.
'I should just skip to the point...' I thought.
"We were wondering where we need to patrol?" I wished he'd answer before I lost confidence.
"Mmm" he stood up and looked at me. His eyes pierced through me.
I felt goosebumps begin to form on my skin.