Chapter 48

I laid down a cloth on the grass and I sat down. The scenery around me was similar to a famous picnic spot... as I could see many people doing the same thing as me, except some of them were couples (I assume). There were also others who glared at those "lucky" people with envy and possibly rage.

To be honest, I had no idea why people would even bother to do that. If they wanted to find a partner, they should stop wasting their time and find one...

Ignoring all of those people, I took out my mortar and basic alchemist mixing kit. The mortar was placed on the ground and a pestle magically appeared out of thin air in the mortar. I had already placed the basic alchemist mixing kit on the ground and I started to take out the materials needed to craft a Beginner Health Potion. I took out 3 Green Grass and 2 Ordinary Herbs. To make a Beginner Health Potion, you needed 3 Green Grass and 2 Ordinary Herbs. Of course, you must also mix them together with the liquid (water).

I put the Green Grass and Ordinary Herbs inside the mortar and I ground them for 2 minutes until it was powdery. Then, I tossed the powder into the mixing kit and stirred it for 1 minute. After that, I let it sit for 2 minutes and poured the liquid into a glass bottle. I had just used one bottle out of the 10 stacks of glass bottles (1000 bottles) I bought.

I read the information of the potion and I was disappointed.

Beginner Health Potion | Poor Quality | Instantly heals 60 HP and grants a regeneration buff which heals 6 HP per second, lasts for 8 seconds and can be interrupted | 1 Minute Cooldown | Cooldown affects all Health Potions | Creator: Reina |

The quality of potions could be split into 4 different ranks; Poor, Normal, Excellent, and Perfect. Poor potions are just like mine, they reduce the effect of the potion and they are very bad. Normal potions have the same effects as the one given in the recipe, excellent potions have slightly higher effects than the one given in the recipe, and perfect potions have effects a lot higher than the one given in the recipe.

I was quite disappointed by the result but I expected this to happen since it was my first time making potions in a VRMMO. After a few more tries, I managed to make a normal quality potion.

Beginner Health Potion | Normal Quality | Instantly heals 110 HP and grants a regeneration buff which heals 10 HP per second, lasts for 10 seconds and can be interrupted | 1 Minute Cooldown | Cooldown affects all Health Potions | Creator: Reina |

Surprisingly, the instant HP provided by the Beginner Health Potion I just created is 110 HP, other than that, it is the same. I didn't know that this was possible until I checked with Alicia after it happened. Alicia told me that if you are either proficient enough in the trademark skill or you have high luck, the effects can be heightened. This means that my high luck is affecting the quality of creations which I make using a trademark skill.

Turns out that having high luck is pretty good, even outside combat and loot.

After crafting potions for 4 hours straight, I had familiarized myself with the process and I almost could do it blindfolded. In total, I had made 16 Poor Quality, 34 Normal Quality, and 2 Excellent Quality Beginner Health Potions. Over time, the Poor Quality Beginner Health Potions started to become better quality and it seemed pretty good right now as it is.

Beginner Health Potion | Poor Quality | Instantly heals 75 HP and grants a regeneration buff which heals 8 HP per second, lasts for 9 seconds and can be interrupted | 1 Minute Cooldown | Cooldown affects all Health Potions | Creator: Reina |

It was a lot better than the first one I made. If I were to make a comparison, it would be comparing a slightly sharp pencil to a sharpened pencil. A slightly sharp pencil has its uses but the lines may not be that nice while a sharpened pencil will draw nice lines when used. This same comparison could be made with my Normal Quality Beginner Health Potions.