Chapter 17

We still didn't exactly know how to actually obtain Original Skills but from what he had heard from Master Terse, we figured that it was created through repetitive action. But it couldn't just be any ordinary repetitive action, it must be diverse, with many different made-up abilities. That was what I had deciphered from that extremely long 'speech'.

Many players didn't even have a clue on how to obtain Original Skills, so we were already considered one of the most knowledgeable people on this subject. Which made us wonder, "How overpowered would Original Skills be? And are they available to the general public?", but we quickly cleared that question out of our minds as it would be a race to getting the first Original Skills. 

Original Skills were categorized into 10 different levels. Namely,  【Novice】Fledgling】 【Budding】 【Intermediate】 【Advanced】 【Skillful】 【Master】 【Military】 【Destruction】 【Godlike】. In the advancing order of power. For example, a【Novice】Original Skill would do less damage, have more specific conditions to use the skill, and less chance of applying a status alignment if it did than to a 【Fledgling】 Original Skill. It is said that Original Skills would only go to the next level every 500 levels which was a huge grind. So, people would hope and pray that the starting level of their Original Skill was high enough.

We knew all this information because of the official website. They posted about the 10 levels and showed the difference in power between each level. The difference between a 【Novice】Original Skill and 【Fledgling】would be no less than 10x more. That said, it could be even higher. because of that, the majority of the players raced to a new area at a part of every Town, called 【Training Room】it was actually just a training room but it increased the probability of getting an original skill by 10% of its original rate. And of course, that place was in the Training Center, making it incredibly crowded and stuffy. Luckily, we had our own private training area set aside for us. I immediately felt grateful for accepting become Master Terse's disciple.

So, we finally began training the sword like how we had trained with it in real life. Of course, with a little twist added to it. Since our avatar's physique was actually very different from our real life bodies (especially in my case). So, we tried all sorts of things, changing the direction of our sword in midair, continuous 20 hit combos with one sword, and last but not least, sparring with each other with our made-up 'abilities' (The movements of the sword). Soon, we found ourselves attached to the style in which we had fought with during our sparring (referring to the made-up 'abilities' used). We then continued practicing our made-up 'abilities' for a couple more hours, 5 hours to be exact, and by then, we had already done each of our made-up 'abilities' more than 5000 times each. But still, we had not gotten a pop-up which notified us of getting an original skill and so, we would practice our made-up 'abilities' every day for a few hours.

Then, we went to farm some more mobs in the field. We felt more confident so we went to the Goblin Cave. We indeed got better, our combat capabilities had improved by sparring with each other for those few hours. We also set a rule between us that we were not allowed to use any abilities in the game and could only either use normal attacks or our made-up 'abilities' that way we still trained our made-up 'abilities' while grinding mobs.

And of course, that Original Skills were not the only thing that was implemented in this update, the mobs also became more observant, basically a higher IQ. If I had to say that the goblins had an IQ of 80 before, they now had an IQ of 100. Instead of taking a slash, they would dodge and immediately counterattack or block. This was probably to increase the difficulty of the game, but with that, they also increased the rewards, which was basically the drop rate of items.

Every 50 goblins kills, we got a piece of equipment. And after we had killed 1352 goblins, we had stopped as we had leveled up 2 times each and we had gotten quite a lot of equipment. In total, we got 27 pieces of equipment. Luckily, we got 3 full sets of equipment (armor), and the rest were either weapons or separate pieces of equipment. And so, I upgraded my stats and some got some nice skill exp.
(You missed it haven't you? Well here you go)

Name: Reina
Level: 24
Attributes:
Strength: 18 + 1
Agility: 20 + 2
Vitality: 12
Endurance : 9 + 6
Wisdom: 2
Intelligence: 5
Unused Stat Points (SP) :6

Martial Arts Rank 5 Progress 60% to Rank 6
Abilities unlocked: None
Abilities known: Kick, Punch, Twist and Kick, Block, Dodge, Counter and Jump.

One-handed Sword Rank 5 Progress 63% to Rank 6
Abilities unlocked: None
Abilities known: Horizontal Slash, Vertical Slash and Slant.

Physical Resistance Rank 5 Progress 56% to Rank 6
(Passive Skill)

Sword Mastery Rank 2 Progress 72% to Rank 3
(Passive Skill)

I upgraded my Strength by 1, Agility by 3 and Endurance by 2. And Sword Mastery increases your sword damage by 3% at Rank 2. It is actually an incredible boost because by utilizing your skills, its damage would increase, even a damage increase of 2%, players would go crazy for it in the previous rpg games I had played before.

And so, we went back to The First Town, and discussed the items we had obtained with Alicia.

"Wow... So much, in just an hour and a half you farmed this much?" Alicia asked.

"Yeah, we had farmed around 1352 goblins to get this much," I replied.

"If you were to sell these, you would be able to get some money, but I recommend that you keep them," Alicia said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because it would be of better use for you when you reach The Third Town when you want to get into the Crafting System and it is better than the Chainmail set you have on you right now," Alicia said.

And so, due to her reasons, we had switched our equipment and the new set had +4 to Strength, +5 to Agility, +10 to Endurance, and +2 to Vitality. It was indeed a huge boost. And the set that we had obtained was known as the 【Wolf Pelt Set】which was made out of wolf pelts. Because the goblins usually hunted down wolves, and they train young wolf cubs, they get a lot of Wolf Pelts and make them into armor as Wolf Pelts are a good material for making armor.

Note: Sorry Sorry Sorryyyyyy