Chapter 18

Apparently, the drop rate for our loot was abnormal as they were supposed to be rare, before the update the drop rate was around 0.1% for each piece, they wouldn't have made it as high as 2%, much less 3%. Unless some other factor also affected our drop rate, or it may have been RNG taking place. RNG stands for Random Number Generator, some other people call it the Random Number Goddess. It is basically the drop rate for our loot, for example, if someone says that "RNG isn't on my side," it means that he hasn't got anything valuable to him. The other possible cause would be personal luck, which all gamers despise.

Personal luck was the very hatred of gamers. It could make all players target you and you would get constantly PKed or have people trying to pull you down. Primary cases of personal luck would be when a player gets a piece of equipment with a drop rate of 0.0015%. That would be considered extremely lucky. In some other cases, it would appear during crafting or any of the sort such as getting additional stat bonuses to your forged equipment, getting boosted effects for potions you made or creating your own kind of creation (which is recognized by the system).

Luckily, at this stage of the game, part of the population of the players would have already gotten this, so they would be the ones targeted instead of us. But in all honesty, the armor did not look any different from our previous chainmail set but, the wolf pelts on it made it look like a coat and covered it.

"Rea snap out of it!" Rei jolted me back to reality.

I turned and looked at Rei, with a face as shocked as a bird landing on a wire. 

"Puu!! Ahh!!! That face!!" Rei laughed hysterically.

"Rei... Anyway, what are we doing?"  I asked.

"We're discussing on how to maximize our exp gain," Alicia answered.

I didn't notice Alicia was there but maybe I was too distracted by my frustration to personal luck or RNG in general. 

"Ah, I see," I said with an understanding tone.

"Well, we actually just started discussing that topic," Alicia added.

I heaved a sigh of relief to that comment.

"Anyway, we are thinking of going back to the Labyrinth," Rea said.

"But didn't it reset because it's been more than three days?" I asked.

"Yes, but since it has, we can clear it faster and since we have experience on facing 【The Orc King】, we can defeat it faster than last time," Alicia answered.

And so, we discussed some strategies on what we got from the forums (didn't cover much), and from our personal experience. Then, we went straight to the Labyrinth, past the Slime Plains and the Goblin Cave and went inside.

It still looked the same as the last time we went in, with steel walls, torches lit up the corridor, and more than 300 paths to go to the boss room. Unfortunately, or fortunately, we forgot the path to 【The Orc King】's room. 

And so, we farmed to our heart's content, but this time, since Rea and I had the 【Wolf Pelt Set】, we now had a higher DPS (Damage Per Second), and it looked like Alicia was doing much more damage too. In fact, the goblins had 250 hp, orcs had 400 hp and skeletal warriors had 325 hp and our DPS combined together was around 260 dmg without skills and 450 - 670 dmg with skills. Independently, my DPS was 265, Rea's was 235 and Alicia's was 230. But DPS doesn't really matter as it fluctuates all the time, for example when somebody makes a critical hit it would go up for a second and will continue to go down back to the normal DPS.

And so, after clearing more than 300 paths, we were finally on the last one, the one to the boss. We had leveled up quite far and our skills had leveled up by a lot. Rea was now at Level 28, Alicia was at Level 18 and I was at Level 27. I quickly added my stat points before entering the boss room.

(The stats do not show the title bonus added to it)

Name: Reina 【Unrivaled Gamer】  
Level: 27
Attributes:
Strength: 23 + 4
Agility: 24 + 5
Vitality: 12 + 2
Endurance : 15 + 10
Wisdom: 2
Intelligence: 5
Unused Stat Points (SP) : 0

Martial Arts Rank 6 Progress 23% to Rank 7
Abilities unlocked: None
Abilities known: Kick, Punch, Twist and Kick, Block, Dodge, Counter and Jump.

One-handed Sword Rank 6 Progress 40% to Rank 7
Abilities unlocked: None
Abilities known: Horizontal Slash, Vertical Slash, and Slant.

Physical Resistance Rank 6 Progress 86% to Rank 7
(Passive Skill)

Sword Mastery Rank 3 Progress 91% to Rank 4
(Passive Skill)

I added 5 points to Strength, 4 points to Agility, and 6 points to Endurance.

And so, we were met with 【The Orc King】again, still with its imposing aura but it also emitted a new sense of intelligence. And I knew that it was a lot stronger than last time, but it wasn't the only one who got stronger, we too, have gotten stronger. And with my title 【Unrivaled Gamer】, our attack force was increased to a great extent.

And soon, our battle with 【The Orc King】began, but with a bang instead.

Note: My english is horrible I get it