Chapter 49

Note: Changed "abilities" which were generated by "skills" to just "skills".

I lunged forward and used [Vertical Slash] on the Mud Monster.

[Vertical Slash has achieved a 70% completion rate, resulting in 85% of the skill's effect. Skill Proficiency +1]

[You have dealt 240 damage to the Mud Monster.]

Then, I used [Black Sky Slash]. Or... At least tried to.

[You have insufficient mana to use the skill. The skill is not initiated.]

Did something else happen when I was happily making potions? I tried to use [Darkness Slash] but the same thing happened.

[You have insufficient mana to use the skill. The skill is not initiated.]

Then, I tried using every skill from my Original Skill Black Sky Formation, but only [Slap] worked. But, [Slap] was more like a useless, troll skill...

[Slap has achieved a 70% completion rate, resulting in 85% of the skill's effect. Skill Proficiency +1]

[You have dealt 1 damage to the Mud Monster.]

[Damage dealt to the Mud Monster has been reflected back to the user!]

[You have suffered 1 damage.]

If I were to use my limbs to attack it, the damage would be reflected back to me. It must be because of its muddy body that has a strange consistency which is between slime and gelatin. As such, I found it quite hard to fight it. There were many other variables which affected the fight like me slipping because of the muddy ground, weird "Ahh~~"s and "Save me!"s being shouted every now and then, and its disgusting appearance.

I had fallen more than 3 times during this fight...

[You have suffered 100 damage.]

[You have suffered 10.... ]

[You have suf....] 

After many mistakes and faults, I managed to kill the Mud Monster.

[You have slain the Mud Monster.]

[You have gained 950 Experience.]

The Mud Monster gave me almost twice the experience I gained from normal mobs. The effect of the update could clearly be seen by this increase. But, the Mud Monster didn't drop any items and I just went to the side of the Muddy Caves. I noticed that my mana was fully depleted and my I only had 60% of my HP left after I fought the Mud Monster.

I sat down and drank some of the Beginner Health Potions I made. During the fight, I had used 2 Beginner Health Potions and I was going to use 1 right now and let the rest recover naturally. I noticed that there was an extremely large number of people here. There were 3 main groups of people currently present; The grinders (maybe rankers), the couples, and the perverts. There was also the small minority of 'people who didn't do anything and just sat down to watch them'.

I could strangely feel the glances of people and I drew my attention away by looking at my stats. My Physical Attack Damage became 425. But, even with that much damage, I could only deal 200 - 300 damage to the Mud Monster. It must be a special characteristic of the Mud Monster which allows it to negate or weaken the damage taken from a physical attack. I think that because of its gelatin like bounciness, it has the ability to negate or greatly weaken the damage taken from an attack using any part of the body.

My damage had been stated as a "425" without a range. But, I could feel the damage fluctuate whenever I attacked. I remembered that there were actually quite a few updates during the week I focused on Alchemy but... I didn't really read them and Rea didn't tell me anything about them. But, I could tell that there have been slight changes which have very strong impacts on the performance of players.