Chapter 21

What's happening? Why is everyone not talking to me, why did you cancel the wedding? Is everything ok?...Aydah blurted already panicking.

Ya Khalid talk to me please, I know you're the only one that can explain it to me...she said holding Khalid's hands.

Uncle Musa passed her the paper and she quickly grabbed it from his hand and stared reading it.

Everyone had tears in their eyes but Khalid's own was different, he stared blankly at an empty face, he wasn't thinking straight, he wasn't even sure wether he's dreaming or not.

All eyes were on Aydah as she silently read the paper. Her hands were already shaking and her eyes red.

I...i..can't continue reading this...
Who wrote this? She gritted her body and voice shaking.

It's baba...khadija said wiping her tears away.
You're laying ya khadija, baba won't write something as stupid as this, ya Khalid is our brother, right ya Khalid....she turned to ya Khalid hoping to see him smiling telling her they were only joking, but his face shattered her small heart.

The paper isn't true right ya Khalid...she laughs nervously shaking him.
He finally looked into her red eyes with his red ones before saying "Aydah everything is true, every single thing" in a cold voice.

That's not possible...she shook her head laughing.
Aydah! Uncle Musa called sternly.

Yes, yes uncle, there joking right...she quickly asked with a smile.
No they are not joking, you're getting married to khalid today...he said with finality in his voice.

She looked at Khalid with a sad smile plastered on her lips.
Ya Khalid! She called out almost like a whisper and he turned to look at her face.

My husband! She added and let out a light chuckle as everyone watched her in amusement.
And imam? She said looking at imran who's face was buried in his palms.

Don't worry about him Aydah, he'll be fine... his father said with a smile.
No he won't be fine...she shook her head.

No matter how she feels, she just can't open it to them, her face cannot take what her heart was going through.

Ya Khalid say something, why am I the only one taking here? She said looking at them. Her body just couldn't stop shaking.
She just needed time to be alone and pour her heart out. The pain was unbearable.

The wedding fatiha is still taking place, but with Khalid, we're really sorry alhaji zubair, we didn't know things would turn like that. Uncle Musa said.

It's really ok alhaji Musa,we understand everything, she's not his wife,allah ya sanyasi musu alheri, we'll wait for the nikha before going home...alhaji zubair said with a smile.

Are you ready for this marriage Khalid? Alhaji Musa asked looking straight to him.
He closed his eyes tightly,the pain in his heart kept increasing.. how can marry my sister, especially Aydah...he thought.

We're waiting for you khalid...alhaji Musa said.
All eyes were on him as they awaited for his reply.
"Fulfill the dead man's wish" he recalled what he read on the paper.
"Take care of my Aydah Khalid please, amana,Aydah is amana to you". He recalled his mother's last words.

He silently nodded his head because he was too afraid to open his mouth because nothing would come out.

That's good...alhaji musa smiled.
And you Aydah, are you ready? He asked her.
And imam quickly looked up to her with his red face and his veins all popped out.

Their eyes locked as they converse through their eyes.
We are waiting for you Aydah...alhaji Musa said and that was when a sob escaped from her lips.
Finally she was letting it out slowly, just maybe the pain on her chest would go away.

Imam smiled warmly before nodding his head to her.
She shook her head tears falling non stop.
"Pleaseeeeee" he whispered yelled and pouted making her to cry even harder.

Why are you pretending like nothing happened, you supposed to be crying imam...Aydah shouted and a sob escaped from sauda's lips. She just couldn't hold it anymore.

It's nothing really Aydah, we are not meant for each other, allah has a better plan for us...he smiled warmly at her.

Aydah! Are you ready? Alhaji Musa gritted.
She looked at khalid and their eyes locked, she slightly nodded and Khalid quickly clinched his eyes and looked away.

Innalillahi wainnailaihu rajiun....khadija muttered under her breath slapping her forehead.
It was just too much for her to take.

That's good, alhaji zubair shall we? People are still waiting for us at the mosque...alhaji Musa said standing up.

I'll still serve as the grooms father...alhaji zubair smiled patting Khalid's shoulder.
Thank you very much alhaji...alhaji Musa said before they walked out of the house.

Imam silently stood up and went to where Aydah was, he squats down looking into her eyes smiling.
Don't cry ok, everything will be fine insha allah, I trust ya Khalid, he loves you so much, nobody has to tell you this, you already know and besides your parents wanted this to happen, you should be happy you know about it before getting married to me, you're so lucky Aydah, you have a husband like ya Khalid...he smiled still looking into her eyes trying hard to push his tears back.

Aydah couldn't say anything, she knows everything that imam said was true, but still, she just can't believe it, it feels like a dream.

He touched her cheek softly before standing up and walking to khalid.
Congratulations bro...imam said with a smile patting Khalid's shoulder.

Allah ya baku Zaman lfy...she added before walking out of the house.

Sauda looked at them tears breaming in her eyes,she quickly stood up and ran to her room. Khadija silently stood up and walked out of the pallor leaving Khalid and Aydah alone.

Congratulations....he spoke for the first time but it came out muffled and raspy because his throat aches.

Thank you...she said looking at him an unreadable expression on her face.

I'm so sorry Aydah....Khalid said as more tears continued to flow from his eyes.
It's ok...this isn't our fault, it isn't s fault at all, they just wanted the best for us.... she said wiping her tears.

After about some hours,Aydah was taken to her matrimonial home, the house is one of alhaji imran's house that he left.

Everything's inside the house,and it's big.
3 bedrooms and a pallor upstairs then 3 bedrooms and a big pallor with kitchen downstairs.

Khadija hugged her telling her everything was going to be fine. Ya Khalid is not a stranger and she should not think too deeply.

Sauda hugged the life out of Aydah like crying like their was no tomorrow.
I'll be the only one at home now, how am I going to leave alone Aydah...sauda cried and khadija told her she's Nur staying alone, she's following her to her house.

They all left after some minutes before Khalid finally arrived.
Aydah! He called out softly sitting beside her on the bed.
Ummmm...she answered fiddling with her fingers.

Welcome to my house, our house, I promise you insha allah you'll be happy, you'll not lack anything, I'll continue to love you as your brother and also as your...your husband...insha allah... he finished and took her hand in his.

Feel free Aydah, everything will be fine...he said and she nodded slightly.....