Chapter 16

Yes...come in....Aydah shouted not taking her eyes off her phone. She was laying down on her bed with her head facing up.

You have a visitor...she heard sauda's voice.
She scrunched her nose not wanting anyone to disturb her peaceful moment.

Who? She asked still not taking her eyes off her phone,she was on instagram.

Suad...
What....she quickly stood up dropping the phone on the bed.
Where's she? She asked walking towards the door. She was eager to see her, just then Suad walked in.

Omg Suad,it's you...she shouted hugging the life out of her, of course her baby plump interrupted them.

Sauda rolled her eyes and walked out of the room not before closing the door.

Come sit please....she dragged her to her bed grinning from ear to ear.
Sit here, I'll be back...she smiles and quickly walked out of the room, and at the same time khalid was coming out of his room..
she bumped into khalid and she quickly muttered a small "sorry" still smiling and continued walking.

Aydah...he called out.
Umm...she answered without looking back at him.

It looks like you're happy today...he said smiling. What's going on? He added.

Umm..nothing, it's just,ummm, my friend is here...she said scratching the back of her head.

Ohhh...was all he could say.
She turned around, smile at him then descended down stairs.

He smiled looking at her, her happiness is his happiness, he hates seeing her crying or miserable.

She quickly put a bottle of water, exotic, a glass cup and some samosa on a tray and headed back to her room.

Sorry I took long...she smiles dropping the tray on the side drawer.

No it's nothing...Suad smiled revealing her white set of teeth.

Help yourself please, Aydah said pointing to the tray.
Ohh thank you...Suad said still smiling.

There was some minutes of silence before Suad broke it.
Umm Aydah...

Umm...she answered.

Well I don't have to ask you if what my brother said was true, because it's obviously the truth. Umm, but, but I don't believe him when he says you cheated on him, please Aydah what happened? I trust you, tell me the truth...Suad said looking straight into Aydah's eyes.

By the time she finished her little speech, Aydah's heart was already pounding, she knew that was coming.

Umm..Suad, there's no point telling you what happened, your brother won't listen to me, just forget it, I'll live my life alone...with my baby..she finished her head facing down.

Suad held both Aydah's hands squeezing it lightly.
Sister in-law insha Allah, trust me and tell me please...she said.

Ok..Aydah sniffs and started narrating the whole story to Suad.
By the time she finished the story, she was already soaked in tears. Suad hugged her tightly and they cried in each other's arm.

It's ok Aydah,it's ok..Suad tried to console her even though she was crying to.

I always feel embarrassed whenever I'm telling this awful story...she hiccuped in between tears.

It's ok Aydah, don't be, it's not your fault,ya imam has to know the truth wallahi, I'm going...she said still crying.

No please Suad, don't tell him, he'll hate ya Khalid and he won't respect him again,it's not...it's not his..it's not his fault too...