Chapter 7

Heyyyy guys!...

Srry I haven't been posting lately.... ima lazy ass.

***

Elizabeth's Pov:

It had been 3 months since (Y/N) ran away. She wasn't kidnapped. She was too strong to let someone take her like that. She hated it here. George, my older brother, acts like she won't ever come back. He was always jealous of her, she was to be the next ruler. He was next in line after (Y/N). He kept trying to convince father that (Y/N) was never coming back, he gave in after a month. I didn't give up hope though. Me and mom believe that we will see each other again. I will never forget my dear sister.

(Y/N)'s Pov:

"Who's Charles Lee?" I asked.

"This cul in front of us!" Lafayette yelled. (ass)

"What did you call me?" Lee yelled.

"Learn some french so you won't have to ask stupid questions." Lafayette spat. He put down his coffee and rolled up his sleeves. He was a giant compared to Lee.

"Get away from me you filthy immigrant!" Lee yelled, trying to sound scary.

Lafayette had enough. He socked him right in the jaw. He tried to punch him again but I held him back.

"Let me at him!" He screamed at me. I then noticed how bad Charles looked.

"Damn Laf" Hercules started, "you punched him good."

"Wait 'till I tell Washington about this" Charles yelled then stalked off. Lafayette looked at me with hatred.

"You should've let me hit him again." he yelled at me.

"Well it's a good thing I didn't, then you would be in even more trouble." I looked him in the eye. He let out a long sigh.

"You're right. I'm sorry." He looked at me with apologetic eyes. "please forgive me."

"Don't worry about it" I smiled softly.

"Now this is great and all but I need to help Alexander write those essays against slavery." John Laurens stated.

"Bye." Herc said as Laurens walked off.

"Well I'm going back to our tent." I said, gesturing to Laf when I said 'our.'

"Oui. I'll come with" Laf told me.

"Well, looks like I'm alone again..." Herc pretended to wipe fake tears from his eyes.

"You can join us if you want." I stated.

"Na, I wanna go to the bar." Herc said. "I need a drink. You can join me if you want instead of being bored in your tent."

"I'm good. I feel like reading in peace." I told him. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"I'll be in the tent too. I need to write letters to some people" Laf told Mulligan.

"See that's what's good about not liking your family" Herc started. "You don't have to write and you never get hurt." Mulligan looked down and smiled a sad smile.

Lafayette rubbed his back in a friendly way.

"It's okay mon ami" Laf hugged him.

"Hey man!" Herc shook Lafayette off of him. "I'm cool"

"Okay" Laf said cheerfully. "Let's go Smith."

I walked to the tent. Once in I sat down on my cot. I took out Common Sense by Thomas Paine.

"What are you reading?" Laf asked me. I lifted the book so he could see the cover. Once he read it he simply said, "Good pamphlet" He walk towards me. He sat down on my cot with me. I tensed at this action. I'm a woman living in close quarters with a decent looking guy...

"Ya," I began. "I've read it 3 times." Laf smirked at me.

"I've read it 5"

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Are we having a competition with who reads the same book the most times?" Lafayette laughed at this. He got off of my cot and got out ink, a quill, and parchment. "Who are you writing to?" I asked as he dipped his quill in ink.

"My family" He told me as he kept writing. I looked down at my book. I could never write to my family. If I did, the mailman would see the address, or my Dad would bring me back and make me marry that guy. "Do you want to join me and write to your family?" he asked me.

"I can't" I looked at him. He looked at me with an understanding face. I missed my mom. I missed my siblings. I missed my kind, caring father. The old him. What changed? What caused him to be cold and violent. He would hang any servants that dared question him. What made him crazy enough to take a life?

"Why can't you write to your family?" Laf asked me with caring eyes.

"They don't know I'm here" I told half of the truth.

"Why not?" his kind accent makes me want to tell him all of my problems.

"My father doesn't approve of my choices." I told him plainly.

"Don't worry," Lafayette began, "My father doesn't approve of my choices either."

***

k

im doone

ye

bai?