25. First Dance

"I bought a cake!" Lauren didn't really need to say it out loud, the large plastic cake sized tub in her hands were evidence enough. Camila squealed, a cough following shortly after. She was lying down, under the covers with a small smile lacing her face and she leans up a little to examine the contents of the box.

"Is it an ice cream cake?" Camila asks still eyeing the dessert. Lauren chuckles and sits down while digging out some forks from her bag.

"Don't be ridiculous," she says in all seriousness receiving a disappointed cough from Camila. "Of course it's ice cream cake."

The emerald-eyed girl exhales through her nose, helping prop the brunette up against some pillows before scooting in next to her. Camila laughs at the cursive frosting on top:

This cake represents our Storge.

They take a bite at the same time and Camila hums as the coldness of the ice cream soothes her throat.

"Storge. That's a good one, lemme write it down," she gestures for the journal and Lauren gives her it without any hesitation. Her green eyes watch lazily as the pen creates loopy handwriting on the page as she gets some more cake.

"I was thinking of putting Eros but it seemed a little too strong for a first date," Lauren explains.

They stay like that for a while, eating cake and watching whatever was on the tv. Gradually, Camila's body molded further into the older Cuban's and a pale hand slipped into her own, the pastry long forgotten on their laps. Eventually, the room fell silent, the television turned off, Camila's eyes falling heavy and though it was the middle of the day, they were both tired as hell. A laugh escapes the girl unexpectedly as she takes a finger full of frosting and plops it onto Lauren's nose.

"What was that for?" she mutters, finally moving the box.

"So that I had an excuse to kiss your nose," Camila whispers before doing so. She hums in appreciation before bringing the kiss to the girl's lips.

"How do you feel?" Lauren asks; the room was still, calm, offset.

"If I told you honestly, you'd start a riot."

She understood. The brunette wasn't well and they both knew it, but neither really dwelled on it either.

Dinah would be here any second, in fact–

"Knock knock..." Dinah sing songs while opening the hospital room door. The girl immediately smiles upon the sight of the happy two, she sets down her bag on the guest chair before moving to hug Camila. "I brought you something," the blonde beams and Camila gives a light grin along with a small cough. Dinah squeals like a little child as she begins to move back to her bag. From it, he produces a small black dress, simple and elegant and meaningful all at the same time.

"I asked her to bring it by," she explains. "You've never had a first dance and what else is a perfect thing to do on a first date."

Camila smile, thanking Dinah while taking the dress. The blonde stays for a while, making small conversation with Lauren as Camila puts on the dress. Dinah gasped and squealed again once the girl emerged from the bathroom. She was as beautiful as ever.

As Lauren stood from the bed, there was just something about her. She was small and delicate as hand met hand. They both chuckle slightly as Dinah puts on a soft song before leaving.

"You wanna dance with me?" she asks and Camila laughs with a nod, that was all it took. They took small steps with held hands and a pale hand on the girl's small waist. Sure, it was cheesy as hell, yet neither really cared.

Camila's hands soon found the back of her fair-skinned neck and Lauren smiled as she gave her a kiss before resting her head on the brunette's shoulder. There was something about this moment. There was something they both felt but couldn't say yet the two girls just knew what it meant. Lauren faintly hummed the tune into her ear before parting her lips to sing the chorus softly.

"Falling in love with you..."

Camila held onto her with a cough and a sniffle as tears streamed down her face certain that the other girl wouldn't see.

And she thanked her.

She mumbled into the taller girl's chest how no one had ever taken care of her or ever cared of her at least until now. The girl clung to her with every ounce of energy her drained body would allow because they loved each other. They were aware of it now.

-

next chapter is the gonna be the last one

hope you're ready to cry

read, comment, vote, and enjoy!

[ edited on july 17, 2019 ]