17. Basorexia Again

Friday had gone the same as the rest of the week: boring and uneventful.

Basorexia, Lauren would write in her journal, the overwhelming desire to kiss.

"Again and again and again..." she would mumble before dropping her head on her desk with a defeated groan. Isn't spring break supposed to be fun and full of life? When Camila called her name, she was at the bathroom in an instant, sitting down in her usual spot by the tub. They didn't talk about it, they didn't need to. The two teens sat as they normally would, Lauren reading from the girl's book this time, and every now and again Camila would cough only confirming that she was getting sick but no one paid it any special attention.

Lauren didn't quite understand the concept of her current novel so she asked too many questions that eventually lead Camila commanding that she just put the book down and shut up. So she did. Silence overtook them, neither really minding it. The girl picked at the threads in the bath mat with her back to the tub while the brunette sighed, beginning to count the tiles on the wall.

Both would think of the other.

She had soft lips and a smile that was so burnt into her memory it almost became annoying, but it never did. Strawberries seemingly surrounded her and as the seasons changed from spring to summer, it mixed with roses. Her nails were always painted grey, her hair always in curls, her eyes always finding her own one way or another.

She was clumsy, never failing to make her laugh, at times a little arrogant and very sarcastic. The girl she liked was very smart, the old composition book full of extravagant words proved so. She understood her, gave her space when she needed it, didn't question her past. Because though her past made her who she was now, it didn't make her who she's always been. And to most that won't make sense, but to the girl it did.

They weren't in love per say but they did love each other. Strongly. Deeply. Carefully. Camila was delicate and Lauren handled her that way even though she knows that she's strong and she tells her that often because she also knows that the girl hates feeling weak. In fact, there were a lot of things she knew about the girl. She knew that she could finish seventeen books in fourteen days. She knew she needed her to stay floating. She knew her favorite place was the kitchen counter, she was terrible at driving stick, she smiled brighter and more beautiful than the sun itself.

And she knew what her lips felt like against her own.

"Again and again and again..." she speaks under her breath before chuckling, drawing Camila's attention to her.

She gives a questioning hum, resting her chin on the tub. Lauren turns around, doing the same and their noses almost touch.

"Nothing."

"You said something," she just shrugs in response. "No, come on, what'd you say?" she pushes. Lauren shifts in her place again, moving to where their noses are touching now.

"Nothing..." she whispers. Camila smiles anyway, kissing her nose instead before requesting for her to leave so she could get out.

-

"Hey, Camila," Normani greets but the girl bolts upstairs upon her arrival. She didn't find it abnormal, shrugging it off while wandering into the living room. Muttering some form of hello to Lauren, Normani makes her way to the kitchen in search of food. Two more days and they'd be sent back to hell but until then, there was something that needed to happen.

"Why'd you call me over here?" Normani asks and Lauren walks into the kitchen. There was something wrong. Why was there always something wrong?

"I need to go to the station. But I, uh, I can't do it alone..." Lauren speaks quietly and glances upstairs. She was nervous, but it needed to be done. She let Normani drive the jeep which is when her friend knew it was serious, Lauren's forehead rested against the glass as the thought rolled around in her mind. It had been eating at her for days and she knew Camila would hate her.

She just knew it.

-

"Hey, Dad." Lauren sighs, attempting to swallow the lump that was forming in her throat. The sheriff lifted his eyes from some current paperwork to his daughter in the doorway. Normani lingered behind her, greeting a few officers that passed by but Lauren looked as if she might faint.

"Sit down," Mr. Jauregui gestures to a chair tenderly. Both girls accept his invitation, Normani closing the door to the office.

It takes her a while to start talking, to start explaining. Only when she was nearing the end did Lauren dare to look at her father. The man was distraught, his face falling with each word as it was being discussed.

He sighs once she finished. "Well, get Camila down here."

-

read, comment, vote, and enjoy!

[ edited on july 17, 2019 ]