Chapter 35 - Step 1 in Getting Over Noah Stone

Start from the beginning

I prepared myself to lay back down on my bed when Natalie's voice stopped me in my tracks. "Don't you dare lay back down Hannah Taylor." She growled at me. I started to sit up again and she smiled sweetly at me. "Good." She started to make her way over here when she stopped. "Okay, I was going to give you an inspirational speech, but I think I'll just do it over here." She said, pointing to where she was standing. I shrugged.

She rubbed her hands together. "Okay Hannah, I know you're devastated that he bounced back quickly after what happened. Trust me, I want to bash his face into a wall. I never thought I'd say that since months ago he was my idol. But now, he's just an ass. But since he bounced back so quickly, I think that you should do the same." My eyes widened and I shook my head. "No, Natalie. I can't do that. There's no one in the school who I'd want to do that with." I explained shaking my head.

She smirked. "I never said it had to be someone from school." She said. I raised an eyebrow and gestured for her to continue. She told me her plan and I grinned. It was actually really genius. I would get Noah jealous by 'dating' someone.

This is perfect.

***

I applied a little bit more of mascara and I closed the tub. I stepped back from the mirror and I admired my work on myself.

I looked good.

I was wearing a white dress that flared on the bottom. It was a bit baggy from the torso and up, and it ended a few inches above the knees. I slipped on my black heels and turned to get my purse. I placed my phone and my keys inside and I left my room.

In case you were wondering where I'm going, I'm going out on a date. Natalie set me up with the guy who will help me get Noah jealous and I'm going to meet him at the restaurant. I was strangely excited for this date, and I couldn't wait to see him because I haven't seen him in forever.

I walked down the stairs and I spotted Natalie sitting down on the couch waiting for me. When she heard my heels clacking along the floor, she stood up and squealed with glee. "Hannah, you look amazing! If there's any chance that Noah's there, he won't be able to keep his eyes off of you!" I blushed and looked down on the floor. "Really?" I whispered. "Yes." She said. She walked over to me and hugged me. "Now, you will go and have fun, am I clear?" She demanded. "Yes ma'am." I mock saluted and I made my way out of the house.

I walked over to my car and got into the driver's seat. I started it and drove out of the driveway and into the road. I started to hum along to a song in my head and I stopped for a red light. As the light turned green, my phone started to ring. I groaned and took a hand off of the wheel to answer it. I know that I'm not supposed to talk and drive, but I think I'm good as long as no one sees me.

"What?" I said into the phone, my voice tinged with annoyance.

"Are you there yet?" Natalie's voice floated into the receiver. I gritted my teeth in annoyance and I shook my head even though she couldn't see me. "No I am not there."

"Wait, but then why did you answer the phone? No, don't tell me that you're talking and driving!" Natalie exlaimed into the phone. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Yes Natalie, I'm talking abd driving." I pulled into the restaurant and I killed the ignition. "Now if you'll excuse me Natalie, I'm here and I need to go. I'll talk to you when I get home."

"Okay!" She chirped. "Bye and don't forget to have fun!"

I hugn up and put my phone back into my bag. I got out of the car and closed the door. I walked away after making sure the car was locked and I made my way into the restaurant.

"Hello. Are you meeting someone here?" The lady in the front said. I nodded and was about to say his last name when I felt a presence behind me. "Yes, she's with me." His deep voice sounded from behind me and I felt myself smile.

I turned around and came face to face with Mark. "Mark!" I exclaimed and I wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my face into his chest. "Hey Hannah. Long time no see." He said with a big smile on his face. "Come on." He led me to our table, his hand on my lower back guiding me. When we reached our table, he pulled out my chair for me and gestured for me to sit. I smiled my thanks for him and I slid into my seat. He pushed it in and rounded the table to go to his seat.

"So Hannah, how have you been?"

We talked a bit before our waiter came. "What would you guys like to order?" She asked.

She wasn't like some waitresses who flirt with a guys who is clearly on a date. But she was clearly professional and she didn't send flirty looks at Mark, but instead she just smiled politely at him. "I'll just have a Sprite." I said and Mark ordered a Coke. She started to close her little notebook, but then she reopened it. "Oh I'm sorry. Are you guys ready to order yet?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yes, can I get Chicken Alfredo?" I said, handing her my menu. She nodded and started to write it down. She grabbed my menu and tucked it under her arm while turning to Mark. "And for you sir?"

"I'll take the Sirloin Steak." He said, handing her his menu as well. She wrote it down and took his menu from him as well. "Alright. You're food will be ready in about 20 minutes, and I'll be right back with your drinks."

She walked away and we started conversing again. She came back with our drinks, and later on with our food, and we spent the night eating and laughing. I honestly laughed so hard, I felt like I was going to puke.

But soon enough, the night ended and it was time to go home. We paid with a check and we made our way outside.

"I had a good time tonight Hannah." He said smiling softly. I blushed and looked down, thankful that it was dark and he wouldn'e be able to see my blush. "Me too." I whispered. He leaned in and I thought he was going to kiss me. My eyes widened and I started to panic. I was about to shove him away from me when he turned his head and he kissed my cheek.

I started to blush even more and I smiled. "Goodbye Mark." I turned around and made my way to my car. I got in and turned it on. As I was driving away, a thought struck me:

I hadn't thought of Noah once tonight.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Don't forget to Comment and Vote!!

[unedited]

*B*