"Does Khalil know?"

Mariyah shakes her head no. "I want to tell him, don't get me wrong. He deserves to know. But my dad is forcing me to get rid of it."

Nia furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Forcing you?" She repeats.

"As in he's taking me to the abortion clinic himself this week. And threatened me not to tell Khalil."

"What?" Nia shakes her head. "How far along are you?"

Mariyah looks at her. "I'm almost two months, but I just found out last week. I had kind of been in denial. I knew something was different."

"Khalil deserves to know." Nia says.

Mariyah nods in agreement. "I'm with you. My dad will kill me, though."

"Hell, so will Khalil." Nia slightly laughs. "He is a Valentine."

Mariyah coves her face with her hands. "Oh, God. What did I get myself into?"

"How did this even happen?" Nia removes her hands from her face. "I thought you two were safe."

"Shit happens, Nia." Mariyah says. "I know it happened the night he snuck out of the house when he was on punishment. This is Karma." Mariyah looks at Khalil. "Bitch look at him. He fine as hell. I don't be thinking straight around that boy."

Nia laughs a little. "He's a baby."

Mariyah gives her a look. "Girl, I can't tell. A whole man if you ask me."

"Do you love him?"

Mariyah nods. "I do."

Nia squeezes her hand. "Well, that should make your decision a little bit easier. Khalil deserves to be in this, whether you keep it or not."

"My Dad really doesn't favor Khalil." Mariyah admits. "Plus, he want me to be able to stay focused on track."

"No offense." Nia starts. "Your Dad can dislike Khalil all he wants but at the end of the day, Khalil is the father of your baby."

"You're right."

"Do you want to keep the baby?" Nia asks.

Mariyah shrugs her shoulders. "Honestly, I don't know. A bitch can barely pick an outfit to wear to school. All I know is that I don't want to do any of this without Khalil."

"Well," Nia stretches out her legs. "Seems like you know what you need to do to me."

Mariyah playfully rolls her eyes. "You're such a Naomi."

"You knew this." Nia hugs her. "I love you Riyah. Whatever decision you make, I'm going to be right there. 10% hoping that I can be an Auntie." She whispers.

Mariyah laughs, hugging her back. "I love you too NiNi." She pulls back a little. "How are you doing, though?"

"I'm good."

Mariyah side eyes her, unsure if she was telling the truth. "I know you're the strong friend, but you can talk to me."

Leaning back, Nia sticks her hands into the pockets on her hoodie. "Really, I'm fine. Just trying to put it all behind me and focus on school, my career, family, friends and relationship."