What Is This Feeling?

Hiccup's POV

I stare up at the young lady who is named (y/n), she was even more stunning that what I first saw of her with her helmet on. Don't get me wrong she looked amazing in her full armour, but now? Wow is the only word that comes to my mind.

(Y/n) gracefully jumps from her midnight black Stormcutter with ease. (Y/n)'s Stormcutter stands tall and is staring intently at me, analysing me carefully as if he/she thought I would hurt his/her rider. (Y/n) stares at the floor for a couple of seconds scuffing her boot across the dirt. "So, Hiccup" She states trying to strike up a conversation. I chuckle and scratch the back of my neck as the awkward tension grows rapidly by the second.

Mum then walks in-between (y/n) and I and takes hold of both of our shoulders with her hands and shakes us both back and forth for a bit. "Come on, talk to each other" Mum urges us on to communicate. Mum notices the hesitance in the both of us and thinks of something to make us talk. "(Y/n) how about you show Hiccup your inventions and such in your room?" Mum suggests to the (h/c) haired girl. (Y/n)'s eyes light up like a Night Furies Plasma Blast as she gasps in excitement and grasped my left hand in her right.

She holds on tightly as she drags me out the way I came in, Toothless and (y/n)'s dragon follow closely behind us through the rocky tunnel. (Y/n) seems to know where to go, she has probably lived here for years.

(Y/n) ducks her head as we enter a room off the main tunnel. (Y/n)'s dragon crawls through when Toothless walks straight under the Stormcutter. The beauty of (y/n)'s room was an understatement. Her whole room was lit up by the ice crystals that glowed in the sunlight that filtered through a hole in the wall.

(Y/n) didn't notice that her hand was still firmly holding mine as she dragged me over to her desk, I stare at the ground trying desperately to hide the flush of blood to my tan cheeks. Her desk was a scrambled mess of parchment as (y/n) frantically rushes to neaten the parchment into piles. I take a quick glance and see blueprints of dragon prosthetics and drawings of dragons that lived in the sanctuary which were all in high detail. I look around her room and gasp at all her creations that decorated the walls on hooks.

(Y/n) walks over to a particular prosthetic of a left wing made out of light metal and fabric like Toothless's tail. "This is the prosthetic that I am working on at the moment.." She trails off embarrassed for no reason. "It's for a Hobblegrunt who we recently rescued from Drago's traps."

"How long did that take to make?" I question as I walk over to her and pull the wing open with ease.

"Four weeks" she mumbled becoming even shyer. "That included all the prototypes and blueprints." She finishes.

"THAT'S AMAZING!" I compliment making her ears turn a shade of ruby red and her cheeks flush cutely which she covered with her (s/c) hands. She giggled and Thor was it music to my ears. Even her laugh was beautiful. Just like her.

I had a question though. "(Y/n)" I ask as I glance towards her Stormcutter who was playing with Toothless.

"Yeah?" (Y/n) replies.

"What is your dragon's name?" (Y/n) giggled and walks over to her Stormcutter and petting him/her on their nose. Her Stormcutter purred and nuzzled against her.

"(D/n)" she answered as she turned her head back to face me smiling brightly. I almost melted to the ground on the spot. "Toothless is your Night Fury, correct?" (Y/n) questioned turning fully around to me and tilting her head in question.

"How'd you know?" I ask.

"You screamed it when Toothless fell into the ocean as one of our dragons grabbed you." She replied to my question. I flushed with embarrassment.

"You heard that?!" I said raising my voice a little.

"I was there" (y/n) stated bluntly putting her hands on her hips and leaning more onto her right foot.

"(Y/N)! HICCUP!" Mum called from in the tunnel somewhere.

"YEAH!" (Y/n) yelled back.

"It's feeding time! Saddle up!" Mum says. I face (y/n) confused and raised an eyebrow.

"Saddle up? What for?" Hiccup questions.

"You will see in due time young one..." (y/n) says as she bows at me before walking backwards away from me slipping her helmet back over her stunning features.