Stunts

(D/n) stirred and pushed him/herself into a stretching position like a cat. Thus waking me up as I rolled trying to find his/her warmth with my eyes still glued shut. I mumble incoherent things and I peek my left eye open slightly to see a blurry (d/n) ravaging through my food basket. I rubbed my eyes, making my eyesight clear again. I sat up slowly and cracked my fingers, toes and back before slowly standing. Surprised I slept until the next morning, slipping on the armour that I couldn't sleep in, and saddling up (d/n) grabbing some bread from the food basket.

I waddle my way to the entrance of my room (d/n) in tow. "VALKA!" I yell trying to establish where she is in the sanctuary. "OVER HERE, DARLING!" I hear her yell from the room where I had landed yesterday. "Come on (d/n)" I walked slightly faster. Upon walking to the landing room where Charlie and some other dragons slept I see Valka messing around with her helmet. "(Y/n) can you fix this?" Valka asked as she points to her helmet where some spines are falling off. "Yeah, sure I can" As I take Valka's helmet in my dainty hands. Since I'm a little of an inventor myself I had designed both of Valka and I's armour. I sit cross-legged and I pull out some fireworm wax that I had melted down to make a sticky substance that hardened as it dried. Dripping the wax onto the snapped parts of the spines and holding them together until it dried. As I waited for the wax Valka spoke up. "(Y/n) do you want to go for a flight" I nodded my head smiling at her. "Sure" As I took my hands away from her helmet making sure it stays put. After I was convinced I handed Valka back her helmet and walked over to (d/n). "Come on boy/girl" As I beckoned (d/n)'s head to dip so I can get on.

Effortlessly I grab hold of (d/n)'s saddle and swung my self onto on his/her saddle and slip my helmet over my features. Valka following suit with Cloudjumper. Valka grabbing her staff which was leaning on the stone wall in the process. Valka thrusted her staff forward creating a rattling sound, some of the heads of the dragons perked up and followed us out of the opening and into the fresh morning air, the dragons were just for precaution if we ever out into trouble and needed extra help, not like Valka or I couldn't handle the problem by ourselves or together. Cloudjumper opens all four of their wings and in a might thrust Valka rockets into the air, she beckons me up and I smile. "Come on (d/n), let's go!" I yelling (d/n) grunting in disapproval as I had screeched in his/her ears.

All the dragons Valka called shot up into the air with me, I fly level with Valka and smile at her through my mask. She could tell I was smiling as my eyes crinkle shut through my mask, "RACE YOU!" I squealed like a child and soared ahead before I could even finish my sentence. I could hear Valka's chuckles growing louder by the wing beat. She was gaining on me. I whispered to (d/n) something devious and he/she made a rumble that sounded like some sort of cackle.

(D/n) speed increases at a rapid pace beating the clouds around us in all directions and gaining altitude as well. I peaked below me and saw Valka gazing up at us questioning us silently in her head. She had slowed down right underneath us.

perfect.

I smirked under my mask and unhooked the straps holding me in my saddle. I stood up straight just like Valka was and I tilted to my left a little and wobbling on purpose knowing I'm going to almost give Valka a heart attack in less than four seconds. I screamed for dramatic effect and tumbled off the side of (d/n) diving head first towards the frozen sea 1000 meters below. As I was falling I twisted myself towards Valka and watched her horror-stricken face as I zoom right past.

As I'm torturing my caregiver and best friend I look at Valka again and see her leaning off the side of Cloudjumper in pure panic. Valka dives after me in the 'desperate' assistance I didn't need. I flipped my mask above my mouth and stuck my fingers in my mouth 300 meters from the icy grave below. Giving a hearty whistle to (d/n). (D/n) bomb dives ten times faster as Valka and soars underneath me and I land completely safe on his/her back.

Valka stunned by the stunt I just pulled (d/n) flew back to Cloudjumper and Valka. I stared at Valka and smile like the little devil I am, flicking my helmet all the way over my face again. Valka is still stunned with worry Cloudjumper hovering in place. I jump out of my saddle and cross the wingspan of (d/n) to Cloudjumper.

I stood behind Valka and hugged her from behind. I didn't know I would scare her that badly, Valka stiffened at my touch and she whipped around and wrapped her arms around me. "Thank Thor" She mumbles into my shoulder squeezing me in her embrace. "You gave me a bloody heart attack (y/n)" She stared into my eyes shaking my shoulders back and forth.

Suddenly she burst out laughing and for unknown reasons and I follow. "Let's continue our morning flight hey Valka," I suggest and she agrees. I ran across Cloudjumper's wings to get back onto (d/n) who hovered stationary in the sky. I clip myself back in place and soar behind Valka dipping through clouds together as we are all still high on adrenaline laughing our hearts out.

My laughter dies down suddenly as I spot a black blob above the clouds ahead of us. Valka stares ahead of me, presumably squinting through her mask that covered 95% of her eyes leaving only little slits to see out off. "You see that too?" I whispered loud enough only for Valka's ears. She looks my way she was completely composed by now.

"(Y/n), you wait here as I peek over the clouds to gain knowledge if the dragon is alone or has a rider." She states "Valka, why would you check for another dragon rider? We are the only ones." Valka doesn't say anything else, leaving me with no answer as she proceeds above the clouds.