What Is That Island?

(Art is mine follow me at skeleton_deer on Instagram)

My eyes flutter as I am slowly egged on to wake by the subtle cries in the earliest hours of the morning, a sound of which would never fail to amaze Valka and I. My eyes fully open when I am met by a dim light of the sun barely steaming in my window. Hiccup was still sleeping peacefully as I sat up under (d/n)'s wing not yet disturbing him/her.

I sit there for a moment, my mind running over the dream I had last night. It was about Hiccup. It was based on last night's flight when we went together to clear my head. We flew through the sky laughing and carrying on, telling each other about the places that we had explored, the dragons that we've discovered and highly detailed stories on our adventures. Yet something else happened in that blissful dream. We had kissed and dream me seemed to like it as much as dream Hiccup. Yes, I've previously had thoughts of kissing the auburn one-legged Viking, but I never acted on it since we still barely know each other.

I look over to see Hiccup curled under Toothless' wing with his arm slung over his left shoulder near his ear while drooling. I could easily enjoy this sight for the rest of my life. I crack my back making (d/n) stir and roll over while yawning. He/She opening one of his/her eyes to see me, he/she lifts their wing off of me as I army crawl out. I grab a hair tie/pins and styled my hair away from my eyes. I dorkily waddled over to my desk while yawning and grabbing a sheet of parchment and a single charcoal pencil from to top drawer of my desk. I looked behind me still seeing Hiccup sleeping in the same position with Toothless. A giggle resonated from my lips as a spark of inspiration hits me, I hurriedly start to sketch the cute scene laid before me by Thor himself.

I hold the parchment up before me as my smile grows wider by the second. I lay it back down on the desk and sign it.

(Y/n)

I then slip the parchment into one of the many secret pockets in my arm segment of my armour before putting it on. I leave my helmet off and clipped it to a hook on my waist and walk out of my bedroom heading to the central area and standing near the edge of the drop-off. Bowing to the Bewilderbeast who majestically looked towards me acknowledging my presence with a calming grumble, smiling I lift my head and make my way over to the make-shift kitchen.

Grabbing a flask and slowly collecting the water which dripped from the icicles I stare into the flask watching as the drops joined its predecessors creating a rippling mirror-like effect. I stare into the water and my hair falls in front of my eyes from my hair tie/pins as my still tired looking eyes look right back at itself. When the flask was three-quarters full I began to prepare some roasted bass on skewers. I walk over to the corner of the room and pick up five fairly large sticks covered my vision so I had to bend my head to the side to see clearly, I neatly arrange them in the fire pit as (d/n) walks in and sees me. I continue to skewer the bass and hold it over the now crackling fire that (d/n) had begun.

Hiccup stumbles in the door rubbing his eyes much like a child would while still in his pyjamas. His hair was strewn in every direction from sleep as a yawn escaped his chapped lips.

"What are you cooking?" He asked as he licked his lips to rid of the dryness.

"Roasted Bass skewers with water, nothing special," I reply gazing up at him. His forest green eyes standing out from his lightly tanned skin and auburn hair, much like a red rose in a sea of white daisies.

Hiccup swipes his fringe to the side as he gets the hair out of his vision.

"Good morning to you too Toothless," I say leaning back to see the Night Fury gazing back at me with his excited and energetic eyes, unlike his rider right now.

I plate up the skewers and pour Hiccup a cup of water from the flask before serving myself. I set my plate on the stone floor before standing again and dragging two medium woven baskets of fish for (d/n) and Toothless. We all happily ate together in a happy atmosphere.

Timeskip

"Let's head out, go and explore some islands together Hiccup... How does that sound?" I questioned him as I approached him nervously rubbing my foot against my leg.

"I would love that m'lady" Hiccup answered and bowed his head, a blush flushed my cheeks as I looked away embarrassed. "Come on! LET'S GO!" Hiccup exclaimed and started to pull me towards the flight dock.

Timeskip

"YEAH! WOO!" Hiccup let out into the sky as he barrel-rolled through the crisp blue skies. A large grin split onto my features as well as I follow suit behind the ecstatic male. A thought made it to my mind as a mischievous grin replaced my happy one. I tap (d/n) signalling I was going to dive off. He/she made a dragon equivalent of a sigh yet agreed.

I turn as made a dash off the side of (d/n) and dived off like a swan. I open my wings and glide overhead Hiccup and Toothless. "HEY HICC!" I shout as the wind battered my ears. Hiccup's head darts towards me as he laughs unclasping himself from Toothless and putting him in auto flight mode. Hiccup proceeds to leap off to join me in the sky, his back fin popping out.

I swivel down next to him and give him a mid-air high five making him wobble a bit. I laugh at his humorous struggle. I look forwards as Toothless and (d/n) made a growl of discomfort.

I gasp as I see an island nearing. It looked...

Battered...

It was completely and utterly destroyed...

"Let's go over there (y/n). I want to take a closer look!"

Something about that island seemed familiar...

How long have we been flying?

Hiccup glances over to where I am and urges me to follow. I slowly nod not knowing where I had seen that island before. Maybe I had passed it on my travels? We remount (d/n) and Toothless and head straight to the battered and seemingly abandoned island.

Where have I seen that island before?