Mysterious Dragon Rider

Valka's POV

My breathing hitched a little in worry as I peek above the clouds, Cloudjumper still gliding underneath as I stare at the dragon with a rider on board. I silently gasp as I realise that its a Night Fury. The Night Fury snarls at me and the man whispers something to the beautiful dragon. I gently descend back into the clouds back under the clouds to (y/n) and warn her "(y/n) there is a dragon rider on the dragon, a Night Fury."

"A NIGHT FURY!" (Y/n) whispers yells in excitement. She's almost bouncing in her saddle, I narrow my eyes at her. "(Y/n) this is a serious matter, I don't know if the rider is a threat or not," I told her like I would have if I was scolding my son. I wonder what Hiccup looks like today, and how my beloved Stoic is.

(Y/n) nods in understanding. "I'll follow you once you resurface again and we will circle the Night Fury and the rider to stop them from escaping."

"We have to be prepared to fight if needed" I state and grip my shield and staff a little tighter. "I'll call the other dragons to grab the rider and take them back to the landing room in the sanctuary to be judged if they are dangerous or not," I said.

(Y/n)'s POV

I stare at Valka determined to capture this Night Fury and its rider. Knowing this person has befriended the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself, they must be insanely strong. Valka begins her plan, flying ahead of the Night Furies shadow, a final look at me and shoots through the clouds. I then position (d/n) behind the Night Fury and its rider and also shoot up behind them.

I see Valka staring directly at the rider before starting to circle the confused and slightly scared rider, all I see is a mop of auburn hair with two braids under the left ear. I follow suit and start to circle the panicking rider who without a helmet I can identify them as a very handsome young man. The Night Fury stays stationary in the air frantically flapping its midnight black wings.

Valka can be a very dangerous looking person when she becomes serious about something. This was one of those times. The unnamed handsome man kept complete eye contact with Valka as she circled around him. Valka then points her staff at the handsome young man signalling the other dragons to grab the rider of the Night Fury.

Valka then pulls Cloudjumper in front of the rider and the Night Fury. I pull to a halt facing the man's back. (D/n) flapping his/her wings up-drafting the clouds with the help of Cloudjumper. CLoudjumper cocks their head as in questioning the Night Fury. (D/n) growls lightly in warning towards the Night Fury. The handsome dragon rider's head swivels around in panic at the predicament that he had unexpectantly set up for himself.

Then he makes eye contact with me.

Something sparks as we made eye contact for two seconds. This felt like hours.

What was this strange feeling quelling in my rib cage?

I shake my head. He's a potential threat.

The young man splutters out words to his dragon while his head bobbed side to side, I nor Valka can hear what he is saying over the winds propelling around us by our dragons. It was a standoff. A single Night Fury and rider up against two Stormcutters and two riders on top of that.

The young man stares at me. Analysing me. I see his eyes squint at me through my mask, presumably looking for my eye colour or something. Even though I sit on (d/n) and Valka standing on Cloudjumper. That doesn't make me any less intimidating. From the sheer size of (d/n), I can scare trading ships on accident as I trade my creations for items and some types of food that Valka and I can't get on our own. Trader Johann has become accustomed to (d/n) and I's trading deals.