Chapter 5

-=-

The picture up above it is for you to get why the colors for August's aura are chosen..

~Mylo~

When I woke up, August asked," Did you sleep well?" I stretched out and nodded, kind of tiredly. August said," There's some tea on the table.." I nodded, and drank the tea, Mmmm sweet tea, that's good.. Wait, if August didn't move, then that means... The baker saw me sleeping on August's lap. I shook my head, as I put the drink down. August said," So.. I ask a question then after you answer, you get to ask a question?" I said, energetically," Sure!" I scooted over so I sat beside August. August said," What's your favorite food? And why's it your favorite?" I smiled and said," Fish.. I really like it prepared any way really, but I really like grilled fish..only if I'm feeling fancy though, I generally love fish sticks, though. Cause they're so crunchy, and yummy, but I mean, every fish is yummy, Fish sticks are just really, really yummy. So do you like fish?" August chuckled at my little rant about fish, as he said," I'm more of a steak person, but fish is okay. My favorite food though has to be sweets, I know, normally all wolves favorite is a type of steak, and though steak is my favorite meat, I generally prefer to eat sweets, like French toast." I nodded, and said," I love sweets, though I never been to the candy store before. I've never had French toast before, can you only get it in French?" August shook his head and said," It's a type of breakfast food, that's really sugary, you can make it yourself, it's just called French toast cause a version of it was called, 'pain perdu,' which French people called French toast." I tilted my head and said," So it's not actually made by the French." August said," Nope..It was called a bunch of different names, before being called French toast as it is today." I said," Wow.. That's pretty cool. Do you have any hobbies?" That's what it's called right? Rich people have hobbies, I believe. August said," I usually read in my spare time, I doubt I'd call it a hobby, I'm mostly busy with learning...well..everything I can about this kingdom really." I whispered," You know, I know about you being a prince? Right?" August said," Yeah, I know.. Your note kind of told me." Note? I asked," What note?" August said," The note you left for my father about waiting for a year, which kind of contradicted what you told me, yesterday." I said," I can't write...Maybe, Eve wrote it?" That does seem like something she'd do. August asked," Eve? Who's that?" I replied," Oh, that's.." Would saying our be offensive? Maybe I shouldn't say that she's my streetlord..August said," Don't lie to me." I replied, broken out of my train of thinking," What?" August said, sternly," Don't lie to me.. I have a lot of people who already do that, and it just causes complications." I lowered my head and apologetically said," Sorry. It's customary for my group to keep secrets, in order to not reveal our identities, you know? It's why there's a strict rule, that whenever we conduct business... We hide our, you know." August nodded, and said," Okay, you don't have to tell me who she is, but she's someone important, right?" I nodded, then he smiled, kind of stiffly as he said," Then that's all I need to know for now. I'm sorry for being rude, I guess we're really messing up on this first hang out session, hu? I know, let's get back to going back and forth with questions, to generally know each other, then when we're about to leave, we can decide on a topic for next time?" I smiled and said," I'd like that, so I don't really have any hobbies, if you were wondering, but I do know basic cooking, I learned in my free time, What's your favorite color? I know it's kind of a generic question, but.." I shrugged my shoulders. He chuckled and said," My favorite color?"

~August~

Do I go for a compliment? or do I honestly say that I don't have a favorite color? That'd kind of be a lame answer though.. Noticing that I was taking a while, Mylo said," I like the color of your aura." I asked, curiously and kind of confused," My aura?" Mylo nodded," It's a purrfect blend of blue and black." I said," Do you know what your aura looks like?" He shook his head, no, as he said," So, favorite color?" I said, with a smile," Your eye color." Mylo said," You mean, brown?" I shook my head as I said, " Your eye color is a beautiful caramel brown." Mylo blushed and said," I-it's your turn to ask a question." This continued for the next couple of hours, random facts about each other, we decided that next week we would talk about our upbringing. Mylo looked really confused when I talked about it, but had agreed any way. I better remember to go first in order for Mylo to know what we were going to talk about. I went out, avoiding the guards, I approached Micheal at the gate. Micheal said," There is a search party of guards looking for you, your father was worried sick. I believe he thought the thief kidnapped you." I chuckled, I guess in a way, he did. I shook my head and said, seriously," My father, I swear, it wouldn't surprise me if he caused his own heart attack, he worries far too much. I better not dilly dally, I got to see my father. It was nice talking, Micheal." Micheal bowed as he said," Like wise, your highness." I wondered why he was being so formal, but I didn't have to ponder for long as I saw the commander in the shadows, as I walked past him. He stayed where he was, however. Probably trying to get the guards to be more alert, so that I don't get out of the castle again. As if they could stop me.