20.

**millie's pov**

I scream out a blood curdling scream in terror at the sight of all of the clear glass shards ricocheting into the kitchen to where Finn cautiously laid, as I involuntarily lose my balance, somewhat sliding down the rest of the wooden stairs against the entire side of my right thigh because of how greatly the barbaric sound alarmed me, everyone else behind me fearfully screaming out in unison, too.

This can't be happening.

God, how did they know where I went?

They had to have followed us back here.

Every single muscle inside of my body aches when I halt in place, skidding down the rest of stairs to the very last step, still locked frozen with my legs planted in front of me and my thighs weak, as I can feel the hot tears of fear running down my flushed cheeks in a matter of seconds, Finn's dark brown eye's making contact with mine instantly after the very last piece of the glass clinked to the wooden floor from the impact, our chests heaving up and down severely.

"We have to go...right now..." Gaten breaks the limited amount of silence since the initial sound of glass cracking by whimpering his voice to all of us loudly, as everyone from behind me, standing at the end of the dark hallway and the edge of the first stair begin to trample over each other while rushing back inside of Finn's bedroom, scurrying to grab their luggage and overnight bags.

Fuck, what are we going to do?

What if they're surrounding us?

My throat painfully throbs in the midst of my crying, as I try everything to shift my legs to stand on them, to run towards Finn, to hold him, while so much fear, on top of the little amount of time my medication has had a chance to kick in just not allowing me the choice to budge, as he starts to silently try to get my attention by waving his hand, urging me to look toward his direction.

"Move, move, move!" An unknown male's voice clamors before I can understand what he's trying to instruct me to do, harshly commanding the others seeking me to follow his direction from the backyard of Finn's home, the large hole in the window allowing us the chance to hear them distinctly, as I can't focus on what Finn was trying to tell me anymore, the gracious sound of someone's footsteps approaching from behind me to help me up.

All hell is about to break loose.

"Get her the fuck out of here, now!" Finn gruffly screams at Caleb from the doorway of the kitchen, a few feet from the stairs, when he realizes that these people were about to invade the house, eyeing us both with the most serious glance as he swiftly jumps to his feet to aim the rifle towards the busted kitchen window, Caleb's strong grip suddenly pulling me up to my feet and towards another part of the house, not permitting me the chance to get to do anything else, my cries overlapping the sounds of our scattering feet.

Finn disappears from my view-sight, bringing me over the edge to start to panicking more and more, unknowing if the men were armed or not, too. "No, Finn, come in here!" I try to protest being hauled away from him beyond my own will, the worry for his safety too strong for me to care, as well as Caleb's protective grasp on me since I can't get him away from me, as I finally gain the ability to work my legs again, probably due to my body choosing fight instead of flight.

If one of those men somehow snatch me while I'm in there, then so be it, but I have to make sure that he's okay.

"Millie, no, we need to leave now, come on!" Caleb scolds me briskly, following Finn's harsh instruction, grabbing onto me tighter in the midst of rushing through the large, dark, and secluded living room in which the front door was locked, as he just continues to push me forward before the first agonizing, horribly loud sound of a gunshot echoes directly from inside of the house.