17. a deal (Tokie + Shin)

Start from the beginning

So, before Father or Mother beg to them, us brilliant children will have to do what we can to help this family. Despite being children of age seven and six.

In the silence, coincidentally Mother knocks on my door to inform me that my private tutor has arrived.

Time to study and learn more for the sake of the family.

"You are tired, aren't you? Why don't you rest for today?" worrying for my health, Tokito suggests for me to skip

I shake my head, assuring him, "I am fine. Fatigue has been cleared after a good night sleep. I was just feeling bad. Since Big Brother has specifically come to comfort me, I feel a lot better now,"

Tokito shows me a troubled smile. Really, I am fine.

There is another knock on the door. This time, Tokito is ready to leave my room so I can change.

Unlike the previous knock. This time, Mother opens the door and peeks in, "Tokito, you have guests,"

Tokito is certainly surprised, "Ah, is that so? I will go meet them,"

I am brushing my hair Tokito messed when Mother turns to look at me, "Don't take too long to prepare, Tokie. Don't keep your tutor waiting,"

"Yes, Mother," I reply dutifully

Mother closes the door after Tokito walks out from my room while I climb down from my bed.

My room is not big or spacious. It is a room next to Tokito's. I am in the mind to ask my parents to lent out empty rooms within this mansion. But, as expected, we can't do that without people talking. There is some...what's it called... Danger? Risk!

There is a risk people will try to steal our things too.

Without maids or butlers, without servants, Mother has to keep the house clean by herself, with our help.

I guess having tutors coming as guests are the limit of how many people other than us can stay here for long.

But, hmm... Tokito's guests... That's rare.

17.

My study for today ends early at the lunch break. There is a change of plan. Tokito's guests want to meet me too.

Come to think of it, who are the guests?

Mother tells me to change into a cute dress and get ready to have lunch outside. While confused, I do as she says.

After changing, I go to the living room where the guests are most likely to be. I cheer a little when I do find Tokito, my parents, and strangers there.

Letting my lips form a happy smile, I slowly go to Tokito's side and greet the strangers. Shin Fushimi and two men. They are the guests.

Since everyone is ready, we start to leave the house to have lunch outside. The restaurant is chosen by Father. Children and adults eating together...

Nothing wrong with it. Although, I am confused about this turn of event. Is Shin here to talk about what Tokito mentioned this morning?

About investment.

They are not chatting about anything related to that now. Have they finished the discussion? I want to know what is the end result.

Patiently waiting for a chance to ask Tokito, that is what I can do for now.

After finishing lunch, Shin suddenly proposes to go sightseeing. The participants are Shin, his bodyguard, Tokito, and me. Shin's other companion allows us to leave the restaurant while he stays behind with my parents to discuss more things they don't want children to hear, is what I think.

Keeping the smile on my face, I dutifully follow them without raising a complaint. There is nothing I really want to complain anyway. I only want to know how things are going for us.

Leaving the restaurant and bypassing the stores lining up in the complex, Shin pushes us inside a doll store without his bodyguard following us.

After hiding from the bodyguard's sight at the back row, Shin lets out a loud sigh, "Finally, we can talk without anyone hears us,"

"Talk? What is it you want to talk about?" smiling, I tilt my head while questioning Shin

Shin moves his arms up and down while furrowing his eyebrows. In the end, he leaves the task of answering my question to Tokito.

Looking troubled, Tokito tells me, "So, we manage to get Shin's family to...invest on us,"

"That's great!" I clap my hand repeatedly while widening my smile

Shin chuckles a little at my reaction. Since Tokito still looks troubled, it is not the end, is it?

Sighing, Tokito tells me, "We are required to invest at least...15 items within 10 years,"

Caught off guard, I fail to keep the smile on my face. Staring at Tokito, I quietly question, "Umm, you mean in the 10 years we will work for Shin's family later, right?"

Tokito nods, "That's right. Don't you think 15 items is a high demand? I am worried whether we can do it,"

Understanding Tokito's worry, I then question the boys who are a year older than me, "What will happen if we fail to invent 15 items within 10 years?"

"Insurance," Shin replies, looking at me seriously, "You have heard about it, haven't you?"

Opening and closing my mouth, I blink repeatedly in surprise. Gulping, I hesitantly ask the person himself, "You mean... Err... Engagement...?"

Shin gives a wry laugh, "By that time, 10 years later... Rather than engagement, it would be marriage, wouldn't it?"