14. a letter (Tokie + Tokito)

My name is Tokie Mikagami. I am a reincarnated person.

In my past life, I died of...embarrassingly enough, inattentiveness when crossing the road because I was busy with a mobile game.

This time, I swear I will not make the same mistake again!

Yet, it's not like that mistake is repeatable though. I mean, in this world, right now...there is NO mobile phooooooooone!

I am not on Earth anymore! Although similar, this world is Blanket! Although similar, this world is not Earth!

Blanket is a somewhat peaceful world. Not as modern as Earth, but still a good world.

I guess I am lucky to be born again here. Although...

I, Tokie Mikagami, is born in Mikagami family as the Second Child. The First Child is a Son, my Big Brother.

It's important to mention that my Big Brother's name is Tokiya Mikagami. Not Tokito Mikagami.

Why is it important? It's because...

I, Tokie Mikagami, might be the... Villainess of a story I know from Earth. As for the source of that story, unfortunately, I don't remember it anymore.

It can't be helped. I just realise where I am, after all.

I mean, despite being named Tokie Mikagami, I didn't think there is anything weird about it. Even though I should have realised it sooner...!

It's still not late though. Or, there is a chance I remember it wrong.

Okay, to make sense of my ramble.

Tokie Mikagami, the Villainess in that story, had a Big Brother named Tokito Mikagami. They lived in a world called Blanket, in the country called Daruma.

As the Villainess, naturally, it means that.

Being a hindrance! Made the Heroine's life miserable! Snatched all the good-looking and high-spec guys! Used minions to cause chaos! Rob people of their peace!

That's what should happen. That's what I should do as the Villainess, Tokie Mikagami. Even though I don't have a hobby like that.

And yet...

I built a research institute, fall in love, invent things to make my life easy using the knowledge from my previous life, and now, I am ready to get married.

What happened to that story and my role as the Villainess?!

Why do I only recall that story now, right at the night before my wedding tomorrow?!

Is it because of that?

Is it because I am so nervous about my big day tomorrow that the stress level skyrocketed and pressured my mind to remember that story?!

To remember myself as the Villainess now...

...Am I really the Villainess?

I am Tokie Mikagami, so I should be...

Oh, that's right. Once I get married tomorrow, I won't be Tokie Mikagami anymore.

I see, I see. It is because I love my name so much that as a parting, I am now remembering the history of a Tokie Mikagami from that story which I read back on Earth.

So... I am not the Tokie Mikagami from that story?

Then, who is the Tokie Mikagami who is supposed to be the Villainess?