Chapter 14 | Uncertainty

---Olivia's P.o.V.---

     I shook my head as I scrolled through the gallery of my phone. Picture after picture of a chubby toddler with black hair and green-gray eyes. These can't be real. They're impossible. I heard a soft knock on my door.

  "Come in," I called out without looking up from the photo. The door opened to reveal Tim with a down cast expression. I walked up to him and hugged his torso, leaning the side of my head against his chest.

   "What's wrong?" I asked softly, to him.

   "I'm sorry Olivia. I can't find it," he said, his voice cracking slightly. I smiled at his effort.

   "That's compltetly fine, Tim. Thanks for trying. I just.....don't know what to do," I admitted curling up against him even more. Tim combed his fingers through my raven black hair softly, soothing me.

   "You don't have to do anything. I won't let anything happen to you, Olivia. I promise," he whispered. He took my hand and lead me to the edge of the bed.

   "Listen, Olivia I-" he was cut short by the door slamming open.

   "Olivia!" I heard the figure in the doorway speak, revealing himself to be Damian. 

   "Yes, Damian?" I said weakly, somewhat scared of his large actions. 

    "Ellie! Please, please bring her back! I need to see her!" he yelled desperately. He ran up to me and knelt by my feet, grabbing my hands. His position of begging definitely caught me by surprise.

   "Please! Please! Please......." he pleaded with tears in his eyes. He abruptly blacked out, which I then turned to Tim. He was holding a half-full syringe of clear-orange liquid.

   "Someone injected him with the new serum they call 'Hope'. It supposedly makes the person continuously relive their greatest desires. Some people have gone crazy after they take it, trying to find them. We're lucky we have the antidote. Come on," he said carrying Damian over his shoulder like a potato sack.

   I frowned at the sight, pitying his current state. Tim handed the his unconscious body to Dick, giving him a sympathetic look. Tim turned to me, his shadow casting down over my frame.

   "I'm sorry you had to see that. It's not your fault by the way, it never was," he consoled, rubbing my back. I sighed in disappointment. I suddenly had an idea that could possibly work.

   "Tim, I'm dropping out of school," I decided. He stood there in an incredulous expression.

   "W-what? Why?" he choked out. I smirked at him, knowing this would leave him even more flabbergasted than before.

   "I want to join the team."

______________________

Sorry for the short chapter, school has been a pain in the ass. Also I'm working on another story at the same time, so keep an eye out for that. I want to publish the first ten chapters soon, maybe in a couple of days. I'm not the kind of writer who publishes the parts one by one, I like having a decent starting amount first.

~Lz :3