Chapter Seven | Realization

---Olivia's P.O.V.---

     I ran up to my room crying about what just happened. When I saw the picture on Damian's watch I couldn't hold back my tears. I know that girl. I remembered everything, visions rushing back into my head in waves. I didn't know how long this memory was in the back of my mind. How could I just, forget?  What happened that night, how Damian was screaming at me to stop. But I couldn't. I killed Elizabeth Ellis. 

***flashback***

     I stood on the roof of an abandoned apartment complex. I was 13 at the time, wearing a simple white shirt and jeans. I was ready to jump off of the building when a dark figure stood next to me. Robin. As my short blond hair blew in the wind out of my face, the white lenses of his domino mask widened.

     "You don't have to do this. There's still more to life than what meets the eye" Robin encouraged, panic evident in his deep, mechanical voice.

     "There's nothing for me to live for anymore. Nobody loves me. I'm useless. My family seems happier when I'm gone. I'm sure that they won't mind." I said sadly as I jumped. Flying downwards with the wind against my face I was only thinking of how I could finally be free. However, a cold, metal wire wrapped around my waist, pulling me back towards the rooftop I was once standing on.

     "What were you thinking?!" he boomed. I covered my eyes with my hands as I cried, my shirt soaking up the tears. What I didn't know was that my duplication powers kicked in as I was sobbing from the intense waves of emotion coursing through me. The second me was identical to me in my body and face structure, however the duplicate had black hair and unique green-grey eyes. The clone was wearing a long black cloak with a hood, covering her entire body, a knife in hand

     She walked up behind me during my sobbing. She hugs me from behind before looking over my shoulder at Robin, her eyes flashing a glimpse of sadness as they made eye contact.

     "You should've just let her fall, it would've taken away the pain", she said simply before taking out her dagger, slitting my throat and disappearing. As the blood poured out of my body I could feel myself losing consciousness. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I could hear Robin yelling at me to come back to him. I could hear his sobbing and it made me confused. That was, until I heard something I would've never expected.

     "Please Ellie, come back to me!" I only knew one person who called me Ellie. Damian. I smiled as I closed my eyes for the final time, with one sentence running through my head. 

'Damian Wayne is Robin. Who would've thought?'

     I woke up the next morning with my black hair and green eyes. I didn't question it and no one else did either. I knew nothing of what happened last night, but I knew one thing. My name is Olivia Devlin.

***end flashback***

"Holy sh-" I was interrupted by someone knocking on my door. Déjà vu much?

     "Come in", I called out quietly, my voice breaking at the end. Tim walked in with concern etched in all of his features. He rushed over by my side and sat next to me on my bed. 

     "Olivia? What happened today? Why were you and Damian crying? How did you get Damian to cry-", I put my index finger up to his lips, instantly shushing him.

     "I'll explain it all later, okay? I just need to straighten things out with him first. I had a realization." I said as I walked out of my room leaving Tim on my bed. I walked up to Damian's door only to see Bruce, Dick, and Jason had already beat me to it. 

     "What happened?" They all whisper-shouted in unison. I could hear muffled sobs through the door. I turned back to them with a frown. 

     "I happened. Look, I'll tell you all the story later. I gotta fix what I did." they looked at me in confusion before nodding in agreement. I knocked softly. After I was greeted with silence, I opened the door and to say I was shocked at what I saw would be an understatement.

______________

PLOT TWIST! I know, I know. I'm sorry for this emotional roller coaster. And I'm saying that to myself just as much as I am to you guys. I didn't plan this to turn out the way it did while I was writing the previous chapters, but I like it.

(By the way, if you're going through any depression right now, please don't resort to this. There's always going to be a better day. No matter what you think, there are people out there that love you. Please don't hurt them by hurting yourself.)

~Lz :3