Chapter Twelve | The Past

Last Chapter:

"Tim", I lifted his chin with my free hand, brushing my fingertips over his cheekbone. "You're the only real thing that's left in my life." he chuckled slightly.

"Good, because it would be really weird to explain how we got those photos." I laughed with him until I realized something. If I wasn't real until I was 13, where the hell is my birth certificate? And those baby pictures, where the fuck did they come from? Tim noticed my troubled expression immediately.

"Olivia? What's wrong?" He shook my shoulders since I was staring off into space.

"E-everything's wrong." I stuttered. 

---Olivia's P.o.V.---

     I ran up to my room away from everyone. I quickly locked the door and slid down to the floor, leaning against it. Oh. My. God. The memories could be explained by my powers, but the physical things? How the hell did they get there? As expected, there was a knock on the door with none other than Tim calling out.

"Olivia! Are you okay? What happened?!" I could hear the concern in his voice, so I opened the door slightly. 

"Tim, I need you to do something for me." I pleaded desperately.

"O-of course. What is it?" he asked, obviously scared of the favor I was going to ask of him.

     "I need you to find my birth certificate. I need to know if it exists. If I don't have it, how would I get that scholarship to Gotham Academy?" I didn't know how he would do it or why he would agree, but it was worth a shot.

"That's it? Okay then." I was surprised that he took the task as if it was the easiest thing in the world. Oh wait, I forgot. Batman.

     "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed, jumping up and wrapping my legs around his waist, and arms around his neck. He seemed surprised by the action and stumbled a bit, but didn't fall. Jason suddenly showed up behind him.

     "Whoa, get a room!" he called out, smirking. I could feel a blush creeping onto my face as Tim put me down, and I saw he had one as well. However, I kept to my witty self.

"Actually, we were in one before you decided to join." I retorted. Tim hid himself behind his hands while Jason laughed.

"I was joking!" He said dramatically with a hand on his chest. We all chuckled for a bit before Jason spoke up.

     "So Olivia, what was up? You kinda froze in the middle of Tim's hug. Did you hate him that much?" he inquired sarcastically. Tim gave him a cold glare.

     "No, no. It's nothing. I'm okay now, seriously." I knew he didn't want to accept a single word of my b.s. answer, but he nodded and reluctantly walked off. I turned back to look at my best friend. He was staring down at me intently with some sort of spark in his eyes, but I couldn't make out what it was.

"Tim? Are you okay?" He blinked a few times before looking away.

     "U-uh yeah. So I'll see if I can find it and get back to you by tomorrow, 'kay?" he seemed off, but I didn't question it. I was just happy to know I might finally get some answers.

"That's great! Thank you Tim! You're the best friend anyone could have!" He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand while looking down.

"Sure, no problem", he replied with a small smile. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before skipping back to my room.

---Tim's P.o.V---

Urrrrrghhhh!

I stomped downstairs heading towards the gym in the batcave, ready to beat the crap out of a punching bag. 

I can't believe I let myself believe she was serious! 

I haphazardly wrapped tape around my knuckles as I approached the bag.

Why the hell would she like me! She said it herself! I'm just her friend.

I punched like there was no tomorrow.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

     With each insult, I threw another blow into the poor punching bag. I eventually stopped when it fell off its hook and I could hear footsteps approaching. Probably Jason here to rub it in my face. With one hard kick to the fallen bag, it spilled out sand onto the floor as I stormed off.

Damn hormones.

__________________

Hello again! So Tim likes Olivia..... yeah. 

Warning: broken hearts coming soon.

~Lz :3