Chapter Two | A Bump in the Road

I'm not too sure of the direction of this but I'm just gonna wing it. Really not sure about the powers though. Wish me luck!

~Lz :3

---Olivia's P.O.V.---

     'Well',  I thought as I boarded the plane heading for coach 'At least the trip is paid for'. My parents had decided to stay in our hometown while they sent me off to Gotham. I really didn't mind, considering they both had stable jobs there. Forcing them to quit and start a new life just because I was going to a school for a few years would've just been selfish. However, this didn't stop me from being a tad bit annoyed by their choice of my temporary guardian until I could return home, Bruce Wayne. He was one of my father's close friends from school who apparently 'owed him'. Who would've thought that the return for a favor would be housing his daughter for two years. Placing my backpack underneath the seat, I pulled out my phone and earphones and played my favorite song. I dozed off into a quiet sleep preparing for the very eventful day ahead of me.

**After the plane ride because I'm lazy**

     Entering this catastrophic city, it was like a foreign land. Though it was slightly less confusing when a man with a neatly pressed suit, black hair, and blue eyes greeted me at the airport.

  "Hello, you must be Olivia," he said, smiling as he greeted. I shook his extended hand before responding.

     "That would be correct, Mister Bruce Wayne I presume?" I couldn't help but let a light bit of annoyance drip into my words. I kept the fake smile plastered to my face throughout the conversation.

     "Please, Bruce is just fine. After all, the formalities won't be necessary seeing as you'll practically be part of the family for the time being." The family?  I didn't think the billionaire playboy was up for marriage, let alone having children.

     "Sure thing, Bruce," I said, testing out the name. It truly was odd calling an adult by their first name. "Sorry to be so blunt, but by any chance are you married? I've never heard of this 'family' that you're referring to." I eyed him suspiciously until he mouthed a small 'oh' in realization. He chuckled slightly, his deep laughter resonating in my head.

"No, I am not married" he replied with a slight smirk. "However, I do have four sons."

     I raise a questioning eyebrow finding this reply hilarious. Wow, he really is a busy man. He saw my expression and quickly added to his answer.

     "I adopted the three oldest ones." he grinned as he thought of something, or someone. "Though, the last one is, in fact, my biological son. He is - as he likes to call himself- the blood son." I giggle softly at this. Huh, this might actually be entertaining. I was brought out of my thoughts by a voice calling my name.

"-via? Olivia!" I glanced up to see Bruce looking at me worriedly.

"Oh...uh...sorry. What is it?" I stuttered as I flushed, embarrassed.

     "Our butler and close family friend, Alfred, is waiting outside to bring us home. Do you have all of your belongings with you?" Butler? They just keep getting richer don't they?

     "Yeah, I think so." As we walked out of the airport, a sleek, black limousine was pulled up in front and an elderly, balding man was standing in front on the back door, opening it for me as we came into view. I was genuinely confused how I would get in, seeing as I was still carrying my suit cases with me.

     "Hello Miss Olivia, my name is Alfred and I look forward to your stay at the manor. I'd be happy to take your luggage for you so you may rest after your trip." he smiled as he finished his introduction.