Chapter Ten | The Truth

Last Chapter:

"Please Damian, I know we both have more than one name." I couldn't contain my frustration.

"How the hell did you find out?!" I yelled angrily. "And what do you mean both?" She gave me a sly grin before responding.

"You, Robin, are Damian Wayne, correct?" she stated happily. When she didn't receive an answer she continued.

"And I, Olivia Devlin, am Elizabeth Ellis." I whipped my head around to her.

There's no way.

---Olivia's P.o.V.---

"That's ridiculous!" he huffed. I knew that he wouldn't believe me.

"You want the truth?" I asked tiredly. I suppose it was very late at night, seeing as I passed out a couple hours after we came back from school.

"Nothing but", I sighed. 

    "You should probably sit down then, this may take a while" he sat on the seat across from me and crossed his arms over his chest.

      "Please, I've spent two years waiting for this. I'm pretty sure I can handle a little bit longer." he growled.

     "Then I'll start from the beginning. When I was six years old I discovered I had the power to move things with my mind, telekinesis. I don't know how I got them or how to control them, but they're triggered by my emotions. Though there was one problem." I paused looking back at him.

"All my memories until I was 13 weren't real." 

     "What the hell do you mean they weren't real?!" Damian yelled. I didn't react, simply too exhausted to do so.

     "I mean they were just memories. They were made up in my head, and the minds of the people around me. But the real me, her name was Elizabeth Ellis. She was the first me. All of her actions, leading until her death, were my actions. When Elizabeth decided that she wanted to take her life, you stopped her. Then, a new hidden ability she didn't know she had unlocked, duplication.", he looked at me as if I were insane.

    "When I showed up behind her on that roof I didn't know anything except one command. Do whatever she wanted." I looked up at Damian. A tear slipped down his cheek from behind his mask. "So, I did. Then I disappeared. I woke up the next morning with different hair color and different eyes. I didn't know what I had done last night. I didn't remember anything about my past life. But I knew my new name and the people around me. We all shared the same false memories, believing they were true. That's actually the week I became friends with Tim. But when I saw the picture of Elizabeth on your watch, it all came flooding back to me." I lifted my head with tears flowing down my face. "And I'm sorry."

Damian wiped his face under his mask. He spoke in a saddened tone,

"So you don't have any of her memories?" I shook my head 'no'. He smiled sadly,

"I knew you reminded me of her", a shocked look spread across my face.

"S- so, you don't hate me?" I asked quietly. He chuckled, but I could hear the underlying grief.

"How could I? You're her.

     We smiled at each other. He stood from his seat and undid my restraints, then left the room. I sat down contemplating what just happened. I still had the strange collar on, but there was nothing I could do about it. As I was thinking about Damian being Robin, everything clicked. This is the Bat-cave. Bruce is Batman. If the first Robin is Nightwing, that means that the oldest, Dick would be him. And all the rest follow.

Damn. Scratch the worst case scenario I made on my first day. New scenario: Living with a bunch of hostile, vigilante man-children for two years.....

__________________

Finally all that backstory is out in the open. I've been writing this for sooo long. Now come's the complicated part: figuring out where to go from here.

~Lz :3