Chapter 26

HELLO ITS ME AGAIN SORRY FOR ALL THE LATE UPDATES BUT IVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE THESE CHAPTERS LONGER FOR YOU ALL! I ALSO MADE A TRAILER FOR THIS STORY WHICH IS IN MY BIO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHECK IT OUT!?
_________________________________________

I'm in my bed fast asleep when I hear loud footsteps coming down the steps outside my door. I sit up in my bed and yawn a little. As per usual the sound of keys jiggling and that click of the lock echoes through the room before the door is pushed open and a bright light is casted over the end of my bed.
"What do you want?" I tiredly ask.
"I've brung you your dinner" Luke snaps and harshly places the tray of food on the bedside table.
"I thought I was coming up for dinner"
"Prisoners eat their food in their cell" Luke snaps again as he walks over to the door and grabbing the handle.
"What's your problem!?" I speak.
"I'm not speaking to you" Luke shakes his head.
"God you're so childish" I shake my head. Luke gives me a hard glare and the dinner tray smashes against the wall, sending the food flying everywhere. I gasp in fright from the sudden loud noise and Luke shakes his head before slamming the door shut, causing the mirror on the wall to crack a little. I fling back the blankets and stand on my feet. I walk over to the fallen tray on the ground and move it, a knife and fork laying bare on the ground. I pick up the knife and look over to the light inbuilt on the wall, I make my way over and attempt to unscrew the screws holding the layer of plastic on. The screws dropping to the ground, I smile in accomplishment and drop the knife to the ground. I begin to push on the plastic and it pops out easily, I place the plastic board on the ground and look up again. Disappointment. Another layer of plastic is covering the wires. I turn around and make a ticking noise with my mouth, something I do to help me think and I look around the room for ideas. The knife is too weak to cut the plastic and if it hits a wire. Whew. I quickly duck down next to my bed, on my hands and knees and begin to pull off the sheets. I reach the bare mattress and I use my nails to claw at the material, tearing strips off the side. When able, I reach in the mattress and loosen a spring, pulling it out with my hand. I bend the spring outwards, flattening it and then winding the strips of material extremely tightly around the wire. After 15 minutes solid winding, my tool is complete and I heave myself off the ground and over to the large light. On many attempts I try thread the wired tool behind the layer of plastic and poke it out the other side. Beads of sweat from total concentration and adrenaline drop down my forehead as I finally grab hold of the other end of the wire. I begin to saw through the plastic, getting only 5cm through in half an hour. I let out a scream of frustration and drop my jello arms, letting out pants from the workout. Suddenly a shadow by my door reflects from the stairway above and I take no time to quickly pick up the original layer of plastic laying on the floor and sliding it place loose enough for me to undo later. I quickly run over to my bed and shove any scrap material into the mattress, flipping the sheets back over and diving into the bed a slit second before the door creaks open and Calum stands at the door.
I let out a loud sigh of relief.
"Calum" I grin.
"Miss Hamilton, I heard you screaming, is all okay?" Calum asks concertedly. I nod my head.
"Just a bad dream" I shrug. Calum smiles.
"Can I get you anything?" He offers.
"Would it be possible to get a one way ticket home?" I ask with humour. He lets out a husky chuckle.
"Sorry Miss Hamilton" Calum looks at the ground where the food is sprawled on the floor. "What happened?" Calum frowns.
"Luke had a temper over god knows what" I shrug and wipe my forehead with the back of my hand.
"Well.. He wants to see you tomorrow morning actually" Calum informs.
"Is this where I start praying for my life to be spared?" My vocal tone saddening.
"I hope not miss Hamilton" Calum smiles and gives a quick nod. "It's late, sleep up" He says and checks his old fashion watch.
"Right" I agree and snug myself into the messy blankets. "Goodnight" I smile. Calum gives me a slight crooked smile before closing the door, leaving me at peace. My room is dark once again and I wait a good 3 minutes just to make sure the coast is clear before throwing back the covers and stomping back over to the half broken light bolted to the wall. I wedge the first plastic layer out of the frame and rest it against the wall, I sigh as I look at my progress cut. Only 10 centre metres in now. I motivate myself by reminding my brain that there are always electrical man holes behind these lights. Once I cut through the plastic and remove the electrical board. I'm half way free. I shake my head and stretch my hands in a claw like way before grabbing ahold of the wire wrapped in cloth and attempting to saw again. Many hours later I'm barely standing and sloppily sawing side to side, attempting to cut the plastic. Still having awhile to go I give up and place the top layer back on and climb into bed.