Chapter 17

Luke POV

I sit on the lounge with my arms crossed and my feet kicked back waiting impatiently for Jai to get home. I tap my fingers on my arm until the door swings right open and is slammed shut again "where were you?" I spit "at the institution" Jai shrugs "why!?" I growl, Jai dusts of his hands "getting rid of a little friend you left behind in the tunnels" Jai laughs "YOU MOVED HIM" I yell and grab Jai by the collar "I had to! The police where searching the area and they would have found it!" Jai puts his hands up in surrender. I pause for a minute

"What did you do with the body?" I whisper "tossed it in a river up mountain, no biggie" Jai shrugs, jai's words cause tears to prick my eyes "you monster!" I snap "YOU FUCKING MONSTER" I scream and shove Jai and storm off "ATLEAST I WASNT THE ONE WHO KILLED HIM LUKE IF YOU CARED SO MUCH ABOUT HIM WHY IS HE DEAD" Jai shouts after me, I ignore his word and slam the door shut and sit on my bed for hours rocking back and forth gently just thinking about Michael and the reason why we wanted to escape in the first place. I can't believe I killed him. Why was I chosen for all of this. For once I want to feel normal and for once I want to be the one to control myself. My own thoughts race through my mind, whispers and screams. I shift uncomfortably but it doesn't stop, "stop it stop" I whisper to myself as I close my eyes and hold my head "stop, STOP" I finally blow and everything falls silent. I look around the room and catch my breath before I stand up and grab my belongings from around the room and shove them straight into my bag.

The moonlight peeks around the edging of the shutter blinds hung on the window and the house is silent and still, I move my eyes from my trembling hands and towards the small digital alarm clock sitting on a dresser table '11:00pm' I reach my arm out for my bag and quietly open my door and make my way down the hall, I come to a stop outside the garage door and take a deep breath in and release before opening the door and making my way into the fluorescent lighted room, only the sound of my heavy breath and blood rushing through my veins making any kind of sound. I look around the room with my eyebrows fixed together, circling the room until my eyes lay upon a silver cabinet, I make my way over to it and evilly grin as I open the locker door to reveal exactly what I was searching for. I reach my hand in and pull out the shotgun and the box of bullets, placing 5 in the firearm and the rest into my pocket.

I nod to myself before backing out of the garage and walking out of the house setting of down the road with my eyes fixed straight ahead of me and not letting anything distract or change my mind of what I need to do. I reach a small 24 hour chemist on the side of the street in the suburbs and throw my hoodie over my head before crossing the deserted street and walking inside. A chime rings as I step inside, grabbing the shop assistants attention, she smiles and walks over to me "hello sir can I help you?" I turn my attention towards the attractive lady in her small uniform "Actually.. Yes" I smirk stealing a glance at her breasts "o-okay what can I get you?" I place my hand on my chin as I think for a moment "klonopin" I nod "sir that actually isn't available to customers unless prescribed by a doctor" the assistant shakes her head. I snap my head in her direction "no?" I cock my eyebrow and pull out my gun, stepping towards the lady "maybe this will change your mind" I whisper and the lady nods and quickly runs behind the counter to gather the medication. I wait a good 3 minutes and I hear the ladies voice on a phone and I chuckle and walk out back "calling the cops won't help sweetie" i tut and raise my gun towards her head "please! I'm sorry! Take the medication please, here!" She begs and holds out a stash of medication "never trust a bitch" I chuckle once more before pulling the trigger on my gun, sending a bullet straight through the bitches skull. I step towards her body that's flat out collapsed and sprawled on the floor "I'll take these though" I nod and grab the box of medication.

I make my way through the forest, being as quiet as I can. I decide to hang around Alisha for awhile and take the trail that leads directly to her house, I start to get a feeling that someone is watching me, I tighten my grip on my gun just I'm case and creep towards Alisha's house doing my usual routine of sitting up in the tree by her window. I remain rested against a branch until the sun begins to rise, I would usually be heading off about now but this time I'll stay.

Alisha POV

I wake up from a decent nights sleep and sit in my bed awhile before even bothering to get up and shower. I grab my towel and my change of clothes and walk into my cosy bathroom, stepping into the shower I wash over my body, my hair and trim what needs to trimmed before wringing out my hair and shutting off the water, I step out of the shower and reach for my towel and begin to towel dry my body. I make a start on slipping on my favourite undergarments when I swear I hear a soft groan, I pause for a minute and clutch my towel over my body but shrug it off after I figure it's my imagination and I'm still tired and continue on to get ready for the day.

"Where are you off to?" I asked with a confused expression as I step off the staircase, Cody looks up as he stuffs some more papers into a bag "work called in and it have to fill out for Daniel the rest of the week, sorry kiddo" Cody sighs "okay.. Be safe" I smile and wave goodbye as Cody kisses my cheek "always am" and walks out the door and off to work. I stand by the kitchen bench and tap my fingernails on the marble thinking of what I could possibly do today, I'm starting to miss working 6 days a week. I turn on my TV in the lounge and fill up the kettle and place it on the stove to boil, I pull out my phone from my pocket to check of Jai has replied to any of my messages

-
2:23pm yesterday - Jai please talk to me?
3:14pm yesterday - did I do something wrong?
3:45pm yesterday - please reply!
9:18pm yesterday - goodnight Jai :)
-

Not a single reply. I sigh and try one last time, I do like having a friend around and Jai was one of my closest.

9:34am today - I'm sorry :(

I press send and place my phone on the counter top, the kettle finally whistles indicating it's boiled and ready to go, I quickly grab a mug and turn the stove off before pouring hot water into the mug, adding coffee and sugar. I sit the kettle back on the stove and my door bell rings, I turn my head towards my door to see if I'm hearing things, it goes off again and I quickly dust my hands and clothes down before setting off for the door, I quickly tuck my hair behind my ears to look somewhat decent this cold morning. I smile as I open the door expecting to be greeted by a person on the other side, someone to talk to. But no one is there, I step forward and look left to right "kids" I scoff and step back inside, shutting the door behind me and going back to my coffee. I take a sip of the drink cupped in my hands and groan in delight and sip at it some more as I settle down to watch some television. I lean back in my chair as I watch the current game show on the TV and let out a tiring yawn and I place my coffee on the coffee table infront of me, after awhile my eyes because to twitch and droop. Shaking my head and rubbing my eyes I attempt to wake myself up as I had only woken up for the day not long ago, resting my head against the sofa arm I hear shuffling from upstairs, I'm too tired to even bother and I re position myself on the couch before my eyes get the better of me and completely fall, putting me in a heavy slumber.

______________________________________________________
SORRY ABOUT THE LATE AND LAME UPDATE IVE BEEN SO CAUGHT UP WITH MY NEW SCHOOL!! I PROMISE THAT MY NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE MORE INTERESTING AND EVENTFUL!! FYI HERES THE TRAILER TO THIS STORY!! http://youtu.be/yw_zTOgZAMk ENJOY :)

115 votes/85 comments for next chapter???