Chapter 12

(Just a little future reference in the chapter and isn't he such a cutie pie!!?? He is so adorable! Okie I'll stop now. Enjoy!)

Reader's POV
Y/n...
Y/n...
Y/n!...

Is all I heard when I felt my eyes open, the light blinding me. I squint my eyes so that I could adjust to the brightness. Wait...Why do I sound so, mature? Like the words that I keep to myself are really..what should I use- formal? I don't know, and perhaps I don't care either. As I my eyes became adjusted to the light, I opened them fully to see Wilford at the side of my bed. He sat on a chair, his head hanging low, and his hands covering and caressing mine. I tried to see what type of emotion he held, but all I could see were tears falling from him hidden eyes. My expression quickly changing from neutral to worried, I tightly grasp his hand which was shaking. I felt him tense up under my touch, but relax after he realized that I was awake. He had looked up to see my face filled with pain and guilt, because of how much of a burden I must have been for Wilford. His face...it was the worst. Although it was filled of relief, it contained so much pain, guilt, shookness, and frighten. But most of all, just tears. His face was filled to the brim with tears, his eyes red and puffy, and his entire face sunset red. "Oh, Y/n...." He breathed out while returning the favor and grasping my hand tighter. He had tried to hold back the more tears that were itching to get out, but he couldn't and gently banged his forehead on my arm. I felt a warm liquid run down my cheek as I reached over with my other hand and placed it on top of Wilford's head. It felt really soft and the way it looked was cute but it seemed that he had been pulling at his hair for ages. I reached a bit more so that I could place my palm on his cheek. He looked up at me, pulling away from my arm, as I lifted his face up to mine. With my other hand, I softly rubbed his knuckles with my thumb. His open hand reached to my cheek and rested there. He climbed out of his seat and sat on my bed. He leaned down and hugged me firmly. I reciprocated and cried into his shoulder. He soon let go after his legs started to tire out. He kissed my sweetly on the forehead and sat back down on the edge if the bed. He sighed and looked down, as if it were the answers to his problems. "Wilford?" I asked. He slowly looked up at me and bit his lip. "Don't do that, first of all." I said motioning to his lip biting. "And, I'm s-so sorry, Wilford.." I say stuttering as more tears slip down my cheek. He placed his hand on my arm again and rubbed it gently. "You have nothing to be sorry for. It was me. I wasn't a good enough...I don't know. What am I to you?" He asked looked up from my arm. I was dismayed by his question that I had zoned out for 5 seconds. "Wilford...you are like a father to me. I wouldn't have asked for any other type of father. Even if they were better than you, whoever liked ordinary?" I say trying to lighten up the mood. He looked at me softly in the eyes and sighed quietly. "Then, I wouldn't have asked for a daughter other than you." He said smiling a bit. "There you go. Smile, Wilford. It's very odd seeing you sad and it hurts my heart." I say resting my palm on his cheek. He reached up to my resting hand and gently grasped it. "When did you become fragile?" He joked. I chuckled a bit and sighed afterwards. "Whenever I came to love you all." I said. His face lit up and what I assumed happy tears, came flowing out. I wiped them with my thumb and smiled with him. Breaking the bonding moment, a knock on the door was heard. "Come in!" I said through the door. A man, who I also assumed was an alter ego of Mark, came in wearing a white coat, blue v-neck shirt, black pants, a head mirror, and a stethoscope around his neck. He held a clipboard by his side as he came in. "Ah, Y/n! You are awake! My name is Dr. Iplier, and I am the doctor that helped you and will continue to help you recover." He said coming to the other side of the bed. I looked around at my surroundings and see that bit was my room that I was in. "But we are in my room, and not a hospital room..?" I slightly question. "Well, he kinda personally helps us instead of people in the world. He, well, can't treat humans, though he can treat people like us. Like you." Wilford said smiling at me. "Anywho, I have really good news, but some bad news which I don't think is bad at all really." He said looking through the papers which appear to be blank but only say a few words which I couldn't comprehend. "The good news is that you are going to recover just fine and that your depression will be taken care of by your therapist and anti-depressants. And when I say therapist, I mean the ones you keep close to your heart. Like him." He said motioning to Wilford. He smiled warmly at me and I could feel a pang in my chest. The feeling of having someone care for me. "The bad news is that, you have lost your ability to change ages. Which isn't really a bad thing, I'll say." He said looking back at me. "Well, I need to start at one age anyways, might as well do it now." I sighed out. Soon, we heard 4 pairs of feet running towards my room. Given that my room is huge, it would be enough space for the incoming people. I see Dark, Anti, Mark, and, surprisingly, Google walk into my room with a look of relief when they see me. "Oh, my little angel!" Anti said, push the doctor away so he could hug me. I obviously hugged back and looked at Dark. 'He is usually not like this.' He said to me in my head. I nod at him and soon Anti let's go as Dark and Mark walked up to me and giving me a hug, Dark kissing me on the forehead. "We are so glad you're alright!" Mark said relieved. I soon then see Google hesitantly walk up to me and give me a gentle hug. I was a bit shocked at how he was showing emotions, but I decided to leave it be and hug him back. He pulled away and patted my head, moving away from me so that the doctor could be back where he originally was. "I will leave you all to be with her, and I will go back to my room." He said leaving. "He has a room?" I question the group. "Well, he is staying here for a while, because of you. But he doesn't mind helping you." Anti said reasurring me. "Ah." I say understanding him.

6 hours later

We all talked for a long time and soon they all left to go do their own thing. I stayed in my bed, doing my thing, like drawing, and stuff like that. I finished the drawing and it turned out..not so bad.

(Art is not mine

(Art is not mine. Credits to the original owner/artist)

I smiled and thought about the happy couple on the paper. 'I hope I can find love like that one day.' I thought to myself as I closed the book and set it on the bedside table. I do, and picked up the bed tray which had a bowl of soup that Mark had bought in. Telepathically, I gradually grabbed my laptop and placed it on my tray, scooting the bowl to make space. I started to watch Mark's chanel on YouTube while eating my soup carefully to not get burnt, and slowly, savoring all of the taste. As I did, there was a knock at my door. Without lifting my head up from the screen, I shouted through the door. "Come in!" The door quietly opened, and I became confused. I looked up and see and sorrow-faced Wilford. I furrowed my brows and quickly paused the video I was watching. Wilford slowly walked to my bed and sat on the chair that was still there, untouched. He looked down, and took a deep breath. I looked at him, tilting my head and smiling a bit, waiting for him to speak. I could yell he had a lot on his mind, but I decided to not intrude and waited for him to be ready. He looked up from the ground, looking at me with serious but soft eyes. He grasped my hand with both of his, like before and I stare at him with wording eyes. "Y/n, we need to talk." He said in a serious tone. I nod my head for him to continue. "It about your f-"