Better best forgotten

I decide my life is complicated enough without throwing another man into the mix. I'm still unsure what's going on with Tom and I and I can't bare to ask him as we eat our breakfast. He acts like what's happening is the most natural thing in the world. He walks around my place like he owns it, it's almost like nothing ever happened like we were together still.

He reminds me of our date and offers to pick me up but I decline. He would have to pass the bar where we would be meeting everyone else to come and get me and I really don't see the point. He doesn't put up too much of a fight. I find myself watching him as he eats, it's been years since we were together but he hasn't changed, the way he takes his coffee to the way he butters his muffin. I never thought we would speak again let alone be sharing another meal in my home.

"A penny for them"

I look up and Tom is looking at me with humour in his eyes. I hadn't realised that I had been staring at my plate , I'm so uncool.

"I was just thinking about what I was going to wear later" I lie. He doesn't look convinced but he doesn't push me.

"You will look great in anything, you always do. That reminds me I'd better go, I need to pick my tux up from the cleaners"

I laugh at his joke and lead him out to the door. There's no awkward kiss goodbye, we hug and arrange to meet later.

I'm surprised to find that I'm full of energy, a walk around the park isn't enough to burn my energy so I head to the gym. It's been a few months since I used my membership as I get enough of a work out at the club. With 4 hours until I have to be at the bar I also have enough time to get a blow out.

I slip into my nude leggings and sports bra and walk the two blocks to the small gym. The small brick building is a daunting sight but it's cheap and has pretty much all the equipment I need. I find a free treadmill and run. My mind is running harder than I am, I'm ashamed to admit it but my thoughts are entirely focused on the opposite sex. I'm not usually like this, my night of hot sex wasn't that long but I had the biggest ache between my thighs. Usually this is easily remedied by a quick round with my "battery operated boyfriend " but the problem it I'm not sure I want to scratch my itch. I know I shouldn't think of Darcy but i cannot get him out of my mind. I could have Darcy he has made it clear that he wants me and it would be simple with no strings but then there's Tom. I hate that after all that's happened batween us that I can't get him out of my mind.

I run as punishment and only stop when my knees almost buckle. A quick check at my fit bit tells me that I don't have as long as I had originally wanted to get ready for the baseball game.

I shower at the gym in record time and head to my hair appointment , Zara complains that I'm late but starts on my hair as soon as I'm seated. We gossip like old friends and like normal I dodge her offer to go on a blind date with her brother. Zara reminds me that he's more than handsome and is successful. I tell her like always that it would be awkward if things were to go sour, it has taken me the longest time to find a great salon in my price range and I'm not about to risk that.

An hour in Zara's chair and I'm left looking pristine , my hair falls in soft waves on my back. It looks so silky soft, why can I never make it look like this when I do it at home.

With only an hour before I have to meet Tom at the bar I head home to paint my Face and Change. I Slip on a pair of skinny jeans and an orange silk vest. I slip on a pair on small black heels and grab the bag Darcy had sent. I run my hands over the perfect accessory and take in its beauty.
It feels strangely like I'm betraying Tom by using it on our date but it's too pretty to resist. I still find the whole situation confusing but I can't bring myself to hide the bag in the corner of my closet and forget about it.

The streets are busy but I manage to hail a cab. All around the stadium is gridlocked so I have to abandon the cab and walk the 3 blocks. The streets are full of met fans donning their blue and orange outfits. The game hasn't started but the drinking sure has, I doubt that all the fans will manage to Watch the whole game.

I stop in my tracks when I see Tom stood outside the bat wearing a crisp black suit. I can't breath as he looks so good. I momentarily take him in and appreciate his fine body. It takes me too long to realise that he's wearing a tuxedo to baseball game, I know he Wants to impress his boss but this outfit Is totally inappropriate.

"Tom what are you wearing" I ask when I finally walk to him.

"I could ask you the same" he says giving me a disapproving look.

"Look around. Everyone Is wearing jeans"

"Yeah jeans are fine for sports but not for a ball at the met" he tuts.

I'm confused, "one of us has fucked up, I thought we were going to watch the mets"

Tom reaches in his pocket and hands me an envelope. Inside are two tickets. I can't hold my laughter.

"It says a day at the mets. Have a ball then the address of the stadium. Oh please tell me you didn't think this was an invite to a ball at the Met museum"

Toms face turns white as he looks down at his clothes "oh fuck"