Sore heads

I'm up before my alarm, we hadn't fallen asleep until after 3 so I've had less that 4 hours sleep but I have to make myself look presentable. Today's the big day, quiet brunch with the wedding party then a huge wedding reception with my whole family. Oh yeah joy.

I step under the steaming water of the shower and wash Jason and the nights sins from my skin. I should be regretting having sex with Jason but I don't, not yet anyway. It was fun and just the release I needed after the stressful day.

I dry and curl my hair before carefully applying my make up, I try to look as natural as possible so I can just add to it later. When I look at the time it's almost 9, I can't let Jason sleep any longer. If I do then there's no way he will make it to brunch.

He's going to be tired so I need to be sensitive. Fuck that.

"Oi wake up" I shout at him while I prod his stomach.

He grumbles but eventually stands, he walks into the bathroom without a work. I bite my lip as I notice his erection in his boxers.

"Good morning morning glory"

I'm just slipping on my nude heels when my mother starts blowing up my phone. I look back at the bathroom, I can hear the water running so I'm safe to answer without disruption.

"Mother"

"Good your up, are you decent. We're meeting for brunch in an hour"

"Yes I'm already dressed, I'll be leaving shortly. How's your head" I roll my eyes as I answer.

"It's fine why wouldn't it be, we didn't all drink the amount you did"

"Savannah, do you have a spare towel" Jason says loudly as he joins me in the bedroom.

I close my eyes and put my fingers to my lips instructing Jason to be silent before pointing at the towels on the chair.

"Who was that, Savannah I just heard a mans voice. Is there a man in your room. Patrick there's a man in Savannah's room" I don't hear my dads reply and I'm great full, seriously I wish the ground eat me up.

"Jesus mom why don't you just announce it at the wedding , Yes it was a man can we change the subject"

"Who is, don't tell me it's that drummer. Savannah if it's that drummer I will not be happy"

"It's not mom. God"

"Then Who was it, you've only been home one day who possibly could be in your bed already"

"Mom calm down, it's not someone I just met last night" I reason.

"Jason, is it Jason. Patrick it's Jason, I told you they would get along"

"Mother please can we not discuss my sex life"

"We will talk about it later, i don't condone sex before marriage but Jason is a good man so I'll not give you a lecture"

"Mom ... I can't hear you,. I'm losing signal. Mom" I quickly drop the call before she can say anymore. I'm mortified, of all the days this could happen it has to be today.

"It sounds like I missed an interesting conversation" Jason jokes as he reappears. I throw my hairbrush at him but he catches it before it hits him.

He puts on yesterday's clothes and goes to his room to change, he takes less then ten minutes so we get a cab to the country club and are luckily there on time.

"Your brothers glaring at me"

I follow Jason's eyes and see he's right, Joseph looks annoyed. Howard is sat beside him, he too looks equally mad. There probably just hungover i tell him, oh wait no Joseph's pissed. He mouths "What the fuck" to Jason. Oops

"I'd better go speak to your brother before he hires goons to get me or worse yet sets your mother on me" he kisses my cheek and walks away.

I can feel eyes on me, did he really have to do that. He's just answered everyone's questions, now everyone knows something has happened between us.

I try to escape when I see my mother approaching but a waiter serving mimosas blocks my way. It appears I have to deal with my family sooner than I thought. Dad is just behind mother, it seems it's going to be a family discussion.

"You look astonishingly sober and well rested considering" mother remarks as she kisses my cheek.

"Considering"

"How much you drank last night and the fact that you had disrupted sleep"

Is that what we're calling it now, cringe.

I tell my parents I slept well and inform them it is possible for a man and woman to share a bed without anything happening. My dad seems to believe my explanation that Jason was too drunk to find his room, mother isn't as naive. After a lengthy and embarrassing conversation about safe sex and a husbands expectations they finally leave to greet their guests.

When I arrived I felt cocky that I was so bright as everyone else had sore heads and were feeling sorry for themselves. Now I'm part of that group, I don't have alcohol as an excuse for my headache.

I take my seat and make a point of eating all the foods my mother deems too fatty. I can feel her watching and judging me but that makes the pancakes and bacon taste just as good.

I look around for Jason and see he's still outside with my brother, they look like their having a heated discussion. Who knew my brother was so protective, my family are strangely too interested in my sex life.

Jason sits next to me after filling his own plate, he smirks as I widen my eyes gesturing for him to spill the beans. He tucks into his food and leaves me waiting.

"Don't leave me hanging, what did he say. He looks mad"

"He doesn't like that I've taken his sisters virtue" he smirks.

I full on laugh, " my virtue, is he for real"

"I expected him to hit me with a glove and challenge me to a duel"

"I'm so embarrassed, my family is crazy. I can't even" I can't believe Joseph really thought I was a virgin , I'm 21 and I was a cheerleader. How could he be so naive.

We're my family really that cut off from real life , how could we be so different.

"So the reception isn't until 8, what are your plans for the afternoon"

I shrug, I had been planning on catching up on my sleep at the hotel.

" I'm going to play a few rounds of golf if you would like to join"

I think the look on my face answers his question. Golf is a punishment, I could think of nothing as mind numbing my boring.

"Can I at least escort you to the party"

"I have to be there early but I'm sure I'll see you around"

He doesn't seem put off by my coldness. "Save me a dance at least"

I get up to leave, "maybe"

"We've fucked twice, it's a little late to play hard to get" he laughs.

I turn and give him a dead pan look, "it's never too late"

I say my goodbyes and listen to my mother repeatedly remind me that I have to be at the house by 6 and if I'm not dressed appropriately she will force me to wear something of hers. I shudder at the thought.