Shots ahoy

I look into his eyes, he's staring at me and it's unnerving.  It's like he's penetrating my soul, I don't think I can do this.

"I don't think I can do this Jason"

"You can, it's good I promise. It will be worth it" He's laughing he finds my concern amusing.

I look back into his eyes, it looks like he's pleading with me. I'm filled with guilt, I can't believe that I'm actually considering doing this.

"Savannah it's ok, just choose a lobster. They're all going to end up in a pan sooner or later"

"I'll have the chicken parm instead" I tell the patient waiter.

He nods before showing us to our table.

"Now you have to choose a chicken" Jason says seriously.

My face must be a picture, Jason cracks out in laughter. "I'm joking"

"Thank fuck" I say too loudly. People turn and stare at us. We're in a pretty fancy restaurant so their probably not use to such vulgar language.

"Sorry" I mouth.

"So what have you been up to since the weekend" 

"I was working Monday and since then I've pretty much been bumming around. My life's pretty boring really"

"Your anything but boring, especially with those friends of yours" he smiles. I know he's teasing me, but I start thinking about when he thought me and my friends were hookers. I don't think I will ever be able to get over it.

"My hooker friends" I whisper.

"You know I'm sorry about that"

I nod, "So what have you been up to since the wedding"

"Apart from dodging calls from your brother I've been working"

He tells me that Joseph has called him many times to find out what was happening between us. He has given Jason a clear warning to Stay away from me , a warning Jason doesn't want to listen to. I promise him I will call him and nothing is or will happen between Jason and I.

"You don't mean nothing" Jason asks

"Well we can be friends of course" I eat the last of my bread, I'm so hungry I wish the food would arrive already.

"Friends with benefits" he winks.

I need to nip this in the bud now, nothing will happen between us so I need to make that clear to him. I don't want to lead him on.

"Look Jason I'm sorry if I've given you the wrong impression but me and you are not gonna happen. No benefits just friendship"

"So what you fuck me and lead me on , even let me bring you on a date then tell me you want to be just friends. You know what savannah fuck You" his tone is like venom.

"Can you please cancel our meals and bring me the cheque" he says as a waiter passes.

"Is everything ok sir" the waiter asks.

"Abso fucking lutely " he snaps.

Jason storms out leaving me lost for words and embarrassed. It's hard to believe that really happened. What a dick.