Chapter 2 (The Game)

Lauren's POV 

First day of school, I was up early because my time would be 9 am already. I headed for the kitchen and this girl was leaning over the sink to grab something from the window, her ass in the air. She had the school uniform but she was wearing the blue skirt with high socks. The skirt was lifting and it was at the brink of showing her underpants. Ugh, I had to keep myself from tilting my head just to see what color her panties were. "Hmm." I cleared my throat. I mean I didn't mind the view but first impressions count.

"OMG! Well that was a view." Her face all embarrassed. She apologized a couple more times, I raised my hands to stop her. She stared a little too long. "Wow, you're gorgeous, my aunt wasn't kidding." She said under her breath. I frowned.

"No need, may I ask what are you doing in my kitchen?" I stood there just looking at her, her puffy curls, her beautiful light brown skin color took me by surprise. Light brown almond eyes, and light brown thick lips, perfectly shaped eyebrows. I raised an eyebrow myself, many many unnecessary things ran through my mind. I had to stop myself from doing nasty things on the kitchen counter. So I looked away and checked the fridge. "So..?" I asked.

"My aunt Ceci asked me to come over, she's out in the back grabbing something.." She was still looking at me.

"Hey baby, how are you!?" I saw how Cecilia hug her and gave her a kiss on her forehead. I was mouth open.

"Am I missing something?" I asked confused.

"I'm sorry Lauren this is my niece Normani, she stopped by since she goes to the same school as you will now." I frowned. "And no I did not tell your mom about this school she actually found it on her own I just happened to tell her I had a niece in the school."

"Hmm." I said and grabbed my cup of orange juice.

"Stop being grumby and introduce yourself, darling. Want to act all shy now." She cracked a joke.

"I'm not shy, that's far from it." I said to Cecil. "Lauren, you can call me Laur, nice to meet you." I said and gave her my hand, she took me by surprise and gave me a hug, I froze. And I looked at Cecil with a what is happening?

"Darling..." She grabbed Normani's arm. "She's very affectionate.." She said to me. "She's not..." She told Normani under her breath.

"Sorry, but nice to meet you." She was all smiles.

I was still frozen and frowning.

"Good morning." My mom said as she entered the kitchen. "Hello Normani, how are you?" Giving me a kiss on the cheek.

She knows her?? Fuck I am missing something here. "So what does all this..." I made a circular motion around the four of us. "Have to do with me?"

My mom rolled her eyes, then Cecil wonders why I roll mine all the time. "Mani here is going to school with you, she stopped by because I asked her to, and because some days She'll be helping Cecilia clean the house." She grabbed a bagel from the toaster that Cecil had placed and she rub some cream cheese on it, kiss me goodbye and left.

"Byyee mom!" I said. I looked back at Mani who was making a bagel herself. I frowned and walked back to my room. Temptation from a beautiful flower from the neighbor's yard.. But then again, I take what I want when I want, even the neighbor's daughter. I chuckled remembering when I jumped the wall to go see Tessa when her dad prohibited my presence. He almost died of a heart attack when he found us naked in bed one morning, my mom wasn't so happy either.

I grabbed my black backpack and gave it to Samuel to take it to the car. "Mani, give Sam your bag so he can take it to the car."

"Oh it's in the car already, my aunty took it." She smiled a beautiful smile, showing perfect aligned teeth.

"Alright girls, get going, you'll not be late on your first day of school!" Cecil pushed me out of the door handed me my bagel and made sure I was in the car.

"Bye! I'll see you after school Cecil!! I want pizza for dinner!!" I called when the car moved.

"You wish!! Don't forget to try out for sports." And then she walked back inside the house while we drove off.

"So..." I turned to face Mani. "Mind my rudeness, but how come Cecil is umm.."

"White..?" She laughed. "Because her sister adopted me, and my aunt is helping my mom with the school bills, and your mom is great, she has helped us out a lot." She said smiling.

"My mom?" I asked, I didn't even know my mom had helped Cecil.

"Yes, she paid for my year tuition and she was going to buy my uniforms but my aunt didn't let her so she paid for them, my mom and I work to pay off my aunt. These things are really not cheap for the fabrics they lagging." She was talking about how short the skirts are. I didn't mind at all tho.

The uniform sucked. Black pants, or a skirt with a white or black collar shirts, and or short sleeves, and to top it off with long ties! With black or white low shoes. The black or white vest, with the logo on the upper left corner. Although they look cute as hell, I would prefer no uniform.

We drove up the mountain and into more morning traffic. "Yeah I know what you meant, is the traffic always this bad?"

"Yep."

"Damn, do you live close to the school?" I asked.

"Well, no.. Not really. It depends on where you are nothing seems far in LA it's just the traffic."

"Nice.. Thank you for helping out at home."

"You're welcome.." She said smiling and opening her door, we have arrived at school.

The whole place looked like a harry potter scene, I prefer my old school, with old buildings. I knew the best hideouts and pathways to avoid the security. I think I can find the hideouts here too. I smirked.

Mani and I entered the school, everyone was minding their own business until they saw me. Most girls were wearing the skirts and the guys the black and dark blue pants. It sure looked like harry potter movie. Some girls giggled while I pass them, and went back to snickering among themselves. There was one girl who caught my attention, she wasn't looking at me but she did glance my way, she was looking and talking to a tall guy with a light brown hair. If she's not looking, she's not gay, well not yet. She was wearing the dark blue skirt with the dark blue vest with the white tie. A rebel. No one wears white on Monday from what I was told.  I passed her and I smiled at her, she just looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes and kept on talking to her partner.

Hard to get, huh? Those pink lips will be mine, and those brown eyes will be only looking at me. I love this game. Let's see who wins.

Author's N

Hello guys i know it's been forever but I'll be updating again soon.. Sorry for being late to you guys..

Have a nice read, comment and vote if u like the story

Have a great day

BRITT