Ch. Eighteen

When I woke up the next morning, I was instantly in my new bikini, covered by a white tank top and jean shorts. I hopped down the stairs and found everybody except for the tri- whores. They were all in the living room watching the weather and eating cereal. The guys were wearing swim trunks and t-shirts and Ariana was wearing a tight t- shirt and jean shorts that stop right above her knee. When I got my own bowl of Fruity Pebbles, I got my seat in between Adam and Luke.

“So what are we going to do today?” I asked through a bite of cereal.

Luke shrugged. “Beach today.”

“Oh, goodie!” I chirped, eating just a bit faster.

“What are we going to do at the beach?” Ariana asked.

“Haven’t you ever heard of sex on the beach?” Jack said with a smirk.

Ariana’s face turned bright red. “It’s just a drink.” I said, rolling my eyes. “We are going to go swimming and we can build sand castles, I haven’t done that in a long time.”

“We are going fishing up at the pier.” Luke announced.

“We can walk over to the pier, it’s not far away.” I said to Ariana. “There’s a lot of dolphins and manatees that swim around the dock.”

“Manatees?” She raised her eyebrow at me.

I nodded. “Yup. They’re harmless, though. They only eat veggies.”

She nodded. “What about sharks?”

I shook my head. “There’s no shark attacks in history on this part of the beach. Not a problem.”

“Promise?” She asked.

I finished my bowl of cereal. “Yup.” I shot up to my feet and jogged towards the kitchen that lead to the beach. “Race ya!” I called, racing out the back door and into the sand. The smell of saltwater was refreshing as the sand squished under my toes. The little kids filled the air with laughter and yelling as they perfected their sand castles down the beach while their parents laid on their backs and tanned. I also noticed a beach volley ball game going on, too. Of course, none of this was near me since the beach behind the houses was private. So everybody was about 100 yards down the sand.

When I found a nice place to put my things, I slipped my shirt over my head and my jeans down my legs before running into the ocean. The salt water cooled me off instantly as it splashed against my sweaty skin. When I got to my waist, I dove head first into the murky water and when I came back up, I saw Ariana coming in behind me and the boys watching us in amusement.

“Excited much?” Ariana said with a grin as she stood beside me in the waist deep water.

I grinned back. “I miss it here. Haven’t you ever been to the beach?”

“Like once, maybe when we were little.” She replied with a shrug.

“Linds!” Luke yelled from shore.

I looked up at him and saw that he was pointing out just a little further out into the ocean.

“Dolphins!” He yelled.

Excitement ran through me as I scanned the misty ocean line for any sign of a dolphin. A fin, an extra wave, anything.

When I saw a fin, I squealed then pointed to it as it sank back into the water. It wasn’t that far away from me and Ariana. “A dolphin, Ari! C’mon, let’s swim to it.” I said, hurrying deeper into the ocean.

“Chase a dolphin? A wild dolphin? Are you crazy?” She asked, yet she followed me until we were up to our necks and searching for another fin to dip out of the water.