Ch. Ten

"You have to help me!" I cried to Luke.

He chuckled. "Sorry. I have, like, three tests today. I can't miss. Besides, first date issues? Not my thing. See you tonight."

"Luke!" I whined, jutting out my bottom lip.

He rolled his eyes and took a bite out of his apple. "I'll see what I can do, okay?"

I smiled and batted my eyes, engulfing him in a hug. "You're the best!"

"Yeah, yeah. Have fun." He muttered before walking out the door. After he pulled out of the driveway, I ran upstairs to take a shower. Adam said that he was picking me up at one and it was seven now. I told him that I could just walk over to his house so he didn't have to stop by my house but he insisted on picking me up. He's so cute!

Once I got out of the shower, I tucked a towel around me tightly and wrapped a towel around my hair. I hurried over to my closet to pick out something to wear, only five and a half more hours! 

Ariana's mom wouldn't let her stay with me, so I was completely on my own here. I'm. Screwed.

I turned on my iHome and listened to He is We while I scoured my closet for something to wear. Adam said nothing special, just casual. 

I started singing along to the song that was playing as I pulled out a few options of outfits. I was going to send pictures of my choices to Ariana for her opinion, but not yet. I laid about five shirts out on my bed and when I turned around to go back to the closet, Jack was standing in my door way.

I jumped about ten feet into the air and let out a loud, short scream. "Oh my gosh, Jack. You just scared the hell out of me."

He let out a short chuckle. "I can tell."

"W-what are you even doing here? Luke's at school." I asked, remembering that all I had on was a towel. "Wait, no. Answer later. Let me get dressed first."

He nodded and shut the room to my door.

I quickly got dressed in Ariana's pajama bottoms and tank top then opened the door again, keeping the towel on my head.

"Okay, so, why are you here?" I repeated, moving back to my closet so that he could walk in.

He laughed a little bit. "Luke was too busy so he sent me to help you."

"Really?" I chuckled. "Thanks."

He shrugged. "It gets me out of dissecting a cat, so I'm all for it."

I chuckled. "So you're friends with Adam, right?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yup."

I smiled innocently. "So you know where he's taking me?"

He laughed. "I do."

I just stared at him and he smiled back. 

"But I'm not telling you." He finally said.

I groaned. "Please? I don't know what to wear!"

He smiled. "Somebody's a little nervous."

I glared at Jack. "Of course I'm nervous! I have no idea where we're going!"

Jack shrugged his muscular shoulder. "You stress too much." He walked towards my bed and looked at the shirts that I had picked out.

"I'm not stressing too much. I have the perfect amount of stress, thank you very much."

He looked over his shoulder at me and smiled before turning back to the display of clothes.

"Your brother would kill me if I let you go in this." He said, throwing a halter top at me. I caught it and looked at the pink halter top. "But it's cute." I whined.