Ch. Fifteen

“So are you a couple or not?” I demanded as we drove to school.

“Why don’t you just ask her. Isn’t that what girls do?” Luke chuckled as he drove down the road towards the school.

“So you are couple. Aww, that’s so cute!” I cooed.

“It’s not that big of a deal.” He lied.

I chuckled. “Unbelievable. Of course it’s a big deal, stupid. When’s your first date?”

“Not everybody goes on actual dates, you know.” Jack sang.

“Well you are, right?” I rolled my eyes as I asked Luke.

“Yeah. But I’m not telling you where either so don’t ask.” We pulled into the parking lot and noticed that the group of girls that have been at the front of the school waiting for our arrival has gotten smaller in the past two weeks that I’ve been here.

“Why is your fan group going away?” I asked.

“Believe it or not. Some girls have morals.” Jack chuckled. “None of us are single so some of them either realize that there’s no hope and move on or don’t want to steal another girl’s guy.”

I didn’t know Jack had a girlfriend. Oh, well. “How would you know that?” I raised my brow at him.

Again, he chuckled. “I have a sister.”

Before we could continue the conversation, I opened the door and dodged through the small crowd of girls in a hurry to find Ariana.

“Ariana!” I yelped, running after her down the sidewalk.

She looked frightened as she turned around and saw me darting towards her. I ignored all of the stares I was getting from the people around me as I nearly pushed them over running towards Ariana. I gripped her arm to slow me down and smiled at her.

“Tell me. Everything.” I told her with a smile.

Her face turned bright red as she described (skipping the kissing stuff) about their night. I summarized it down to they talked and then they kissed and then Luke asked her out and she said yes. 

When she was done explaining everything to me, it was time to go to first period so I hugged her goodbye and headed towards French.

At lunch, Ariana convinced me to skip lunch with Miss. Miller and join her at the jock table. She didn’t want to be alone with Luke’s friends and he asked her to sit with him.

I found her in the hallway on the way to the cafeteria and walked with her to the line to get our food.

“So do you think it’s going to be weird?” She asked me.

“Do I think what is going to be weird?”

“Us dating each other’s brothers? It seems kind of weird.” She said, grabbing a tuna sandwich from the counter.

“I think we’ll get used to it.” I sighed, picking up an Italian sub. “I mean, I really like Adam. I really do. And I think that Luke really likes you.”

“And I really like him.” She said dreamily as she paid for her lunch and I paid for mine.

“Then we’ll get used to it.” We thanked the lady and walked towards the jock table. “Well, here we go.”

I took a seat between Ariana and Adam and Luke was on the other side of Ariana. The air head jocks were throwing food at each other or stuffing their faces with it as they laughed. The bone head girls just stared at the air headed guys with looks of lust as if they weren’t acting like cavemen.