Ch. Nineteen

The next morning, I woke up with a huge smile on my face. His words were replaying in my head. Over and over and over again.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

I didn't even bother to eat breakfast before heading to the beach today. I was the first one awake and the first one outside which was normal... I always woke up first on vacation. I let the morning breeze whip around my face as my hair swirled around, tickling my bare back. 

I slid my shirt over my body to reveal a plain neon green halter bikini top then my jean shorts dropped, revealing the matching bottoms. After I kicked off my Old Navy flip flops, I jogged into the water until it was lapping around my waist.

I peered down into the murkey water and saw small fish swimming curiously around my legs. I chuckled and scooped my fingers into the water. When I felt the slimey creature tangle in my fingers, I let out a loud gasp and grabbed on to it harder, but not too hard.

I realized that I just caught a live fish with my bare hands... I didn't even do it on purpose!

I liften the fish out of the water to look at it closer as it desprately flopped around in my grip. I watched as spikes started spurting out around his fin so I stayed away from by holding closer to his tail. He wasn't that big... smaller than a dollar but big enough to hold on to.

"You should swim faster." I whispered before tossing the poor little fish back into the water and watching it furiously swim away again to join his school. 

After the small fish vanished from sight, I slowly bent my knees, submerging up to my shoulders in the salty water. I faces the beach just in time to watch the tri-whores prancing out of the house and make their way to the sand then lay out their matching pink, purple, and blue towels. I couldn't make out what they were saying but I saw them strip their clothes, exposing their biknis that left nothing to the imagination. They laid on their backs on the towels and closed their eyes simotaniously but continued their daily gossip. I rolled my eyes and supressed the urge to go up to them and kick sand in their overly made up faces.

I laid on my back in the water, floating on the surface and closing my eyes to sheild them from the morning sun that was already beating down furiously. Luckily, I didn't forget my sunscreen or I'd burn like crazy.

I jumped when I heard my cell phone ring tone peircing the near silence of the private beach area. I stood to my feet and quickly swam up to shore where my clothes were piled and my phone laid on top of the pile. Still, the only people on the beach were me and the tri-whores.

I pushed the green button on the touch screen and put the phone next to my ear, making sure that it didn't touch my wet skin.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Good morning, is this Lindsay Wilson?" A lady  asked on the other end. I didn't recognize the voice at all.

"Uh, yeah?" I said slowly. "Who's this?"

"I am calling on behalf of Chris Malcom." She spoke formally.

Chris Malcom is... well, he's insanely famous. You know, that teen heart throb actor that every teen girl has posters of on their walls. Yeah, that's Chris Malcom. I've met him a few times at presidential dinners and we would talk since there were very few young people there. He's nice.

"Oh, okay." I said into the phone.

"Mr. Malcom is inviting you to his birthday party on the 27th of January." She said.

My mouth fell open. "What?!"

"Mr. Malcom is inviting you to his birthday party on the 27th of January." She repeated.