Ch. Twenty- Four

I closed my eyes and after the initial shock, I moved my lips with his. He placed one hand on the small of my back, pressing my body into his as he deepend the kiss and I let him. I let him push me against the metal railing behind me and then lift me up so that I was sitting on the top rail. I instinctively wrapped my legs around his waist so that I couldn't fall backwards into the water. 

When his tongue slid across my bottom lip, I slightly opened my mouth and allowed our tongues to furiously dance with eath other passionately. I moved my mouth with his roughly. It was like I was kissing him with all of the frustration that was building up inside of me for the past twelve hours. 

When he pulled away, I gasped in shock as I stood quickly to my feet and tried to catch my breath. What the hell just happened? I cupped my mouth in one of my hands and looked up to Jack for an answer, as if he had one.

"God, Lindsay. I'm so sorry." He whispered, just as breathlessly.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap... 

Crap.

I had no idea what to say or what to think or do or anything. So I panicked. So I did what any panicking person would do... I ran.

I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. Down the pier then towards the house. The sand made my running seem slower and harder but I kept going. I was breathing hard by the time I was half way there, but I kept running. My lungs were burning with pain 3/4ths of the way there, but I kept running. When I got to the house, I tore open the door and ran into the kitchen. 

I grasped my hair in my hands, trying to calm myself down as I paced across the tiles.

"Lindsay, are you okay?" I heard a voice.

I jumped and looked over to see Adam sitting at the kitchen table.

"Are you the only one here?" I asked, still breathing hard and probably sweating up a storm by now, too.

"Uh, yeah. Luke, Ally and Ariana went to the store. What happened?"

"W-what about the whores?" I asked through panicy breaths.

"They flew home this morning. Lindsay, tell me what's happening. You look like you just saw a ghost." He said, standing up from his seat.

I groaned in frustration and ran up the stairs, ignoring Adam's calls from behind me. I slammed my door behind me and leaped onto the bed, shoving my face into the pillow and shoving it into my mouth to stifle a very needed scream. I screamed as hard as I could until my lungs begged for air.

I laid on my back with the pillow over my face as I tried to get my breath to keep up with me. As I did, I replayed the kiss I shared with Jack. Why the hell did he kiss me?! I don't even know the kid!

But a better question that I should be asking myself would be.... Why did I kiss back?

Before I could think anymore, I heard the door open. Now, my breath was normal and I was calm- on the outside, at least.

"Lindsay?" Ariana's voice echoed through the room but I didn't move, I just kept the pillow on my face and breathed in heavily. "What happened? Adam said that you came in here like a bat outta hell. Are you okay?"

I groaned then removed the pillow from my face then looked at Ariana, who was now hovering over me. I put the pillow back on my face. "I kissed Jack." I said, muffling my words with the pillow.

"I can't understand you with the pillow on your face." She said with a light chuckle.

I slid the pillow away from my face and braced myself for her reaction. "I kissed Jack?" I squeaked, making it sound more like a question.