Ch. Twenty- Five

"No. Absolutely not." Luke said sternly.

"Oh, come on, Lukey. It'll be fun." I whined.

"It's dangerous." He said.

"I can take care of myself." I huffed.

"Yeah but what about Ariana?" He raised his brow at me.

"You'll be with her the whole time!" I reasoned.

"Allison? These guys could be a bunch of rapists for all you know."

"Did you see that boy, Gage? Damn, that boy wouldn't need to rape me." Allison said with a wink.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "See?"

He sighed. "I'll think about it. But going to a bonfire with people you don't even know is just really stupid."

"Well maybe I want to be stupid for once in my life." I nearly snapped.

 He rolled his eyes. "Like I said, I'll think about it."

"Fine." I huffed as we carried out the last of the supplies needed for the camp fire. Luckily, I haven't had to speak to Adam or Jack since we got back from lunch. The side glances and odd stares from Jack weren't going unoticed, however.

I sat down the chairs in the sand around the fire ring as Luke started going back inside. "I'll go get the marshmellows." He said.

I nodded and I turned to go inside to go get Ariana who was upstairs getting dressed. 

"Lindsay." I jumped when I heard the voice as Jack came hurrying out of the house. He stopped about a foot away from me. "We need to talk." He said.

"No." I said quickly. "It never happened." I said sternly.

"Yes, it-"

"Never. Happened." I said through gritted teeth. "Maybe we can talk about it later when I'm not falling apart but for now.... it never happened. Got it?"

He looked at me with unease before he nodded slightly.

I forced a smile. "Good." I chirped as everybody filled into the sand and took seats around the fire ring. I sat between Ariana, who was sitting on Luke's lap, and Allison.

I have to admit that it hurt to see Luke and Ariana so close. If we were doing this two days ago, I'd be on Adam's lap, laughing just as happily as they were.

"Lindsay?" Allison asked with raised eyebrows.

"W-what?" I asked breaking out of my daze.

"You okay?" She asked slowly.

"Yeah, fine. Why?" I asked, taking the marshmellow fork that she was offering me.

"I've been trying to talk to you for the past five minutes." She said with a worried look.

I shook my head. "Sorry. Just day dreaming." I said with an empty chuckle.

Ariana handed me the bag of marshmellows and I absent mindedly took one out and poked it to the end of my stick with shakey hands. I was about to cry again so I bit the inside of my bottom lip to stop any tears from spilling over.

"You're not going to eat two? You always eat two." Luke said as I stuck my marshmellow into the small fire that the boys started.

"You know, I'm not too hungry." I said dryly, trying to force a smile on my face.

"Linds, what's wrong?" Luke asked.

"Nothing." I said quickly, looking down at the fire. "It's nothing."