Ch.34:Us.

Maya

Three months had past by. Three months of the best time I've ever had! Every weekend, Lucas would come over and stay the night. Every morning and evening, he would send me a cute little text, saying 'good morning sunshine' and It would bring the biggest smile to my face.

Every Wednesday, he would pick up Nathan from school and bring him home to me, so that I wouldn't have to worry about my job and picking him up at the same time. And most importantly, he was there when I needed him.

Today was the day. A day I've been dreading to come across for the past week! Lucas told me that he wanted a night to ourselves. The kids are going to grandmas hart house, and it would just be me and him. He told me that he wanted to discuss certain things and to announce something big. A big ball of nervousness and excitement has been brewing up inside of me for the past week, and I've been yearning for it to go away.

What will this news be? Lucas hasn't given any extra details about it, and I'm sure it's suppose to be something very surprising.

After dropping the kids off, and driving back home, my conscience has been telling me that something wasn't going to end up well...

The way Lucas has been acting for the past two hours, felt different. He seemed to be very distant from me. He kept his hands to himself, and he never looked me in the eyes for even a spilt second. He hasn't even smiled at me since he's gotten here. He was unlike his usual self...

"Lucas, are you okay?" I ask him, placing my hand on his thigh, as we pulled up to my house.

He didn't bother to look at me, or even acknowledge that I was in his presence. He scooted his leg away, which caused my hand to fall onto the cushioning of the seat. What the hell is his problem?

As the ignition turned off, I let out a breath of relief, before getting out of the vehicle, into the cold, windy breeze.

Lucas began walking towards my door, not even bothering to wait for me. I silently strolled behind him, as the sharp wind jabbed at my face. Watching as he arrived at my doorstep, he awaited for me to unlock the door. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my house key, and unlocked the door.

"Lucas, you haven't said a word this whole time, what's your fucking deal?!"I ask, propping my arm against the doorframe, and stopping him from walking into my home.

Lucas's green, mysterious eyes continued to ignore me, and he stared over my shoulder, into the distance. "Nothing". He breaths, pushing past me, and walking into my house.

"Bullshit!" My voice booms, rising in annoyance. Why was he trying to ignore me? "Something wrong Lucas, why can't you just tell me!" I beg.

"It's nothing, maya". He assures me again, with his back facing me.

My eyebrows narrowed in anger and I felt like punching him in the face.

"Bullshit Lucas!" I yell, slamming the door shut, and then walking up to him and pushing his back. He stumbles forwards a little bit and places his hands on his temples.

"I can't tell you". He mumbles.

I continued to stare at him, eager to find out on what he's hiding from me.

"Tell me, Lucas". I demanded. There was a long pause and I was beginning to feel impatient. I pushed his back again, and repeated myself.

"Tell me Lucas!"

All of sudden, Lucas pivoted around on his heels and stared me into the eyes. "I'm getting ducking married maya!" He yells in my face.

The words 'married' immediately slapped me in the face, and my heart shattered into a million pieces.

"Married?"I question, my voice croaking as I said that word.

Lucas's chest rose up and down, and he seemed as shocked as I was. "Yes maya... married".

"Y-You said you talked to Diana". I hesitated, my lips trembling as I spoke.

Lucas rushed his hands through his hair. "I did. But she wouldn't let me leave". Lucas softly said.

"You're such a fucking pussy!" I cussed, bringing my hand up and slapping him across the face. His cheek immediately began to change shades. "You always let her get her way! When will you stand up and be a fucking man?!" The tone of my voice screamed in wrath, and I wanted to hit something again.

Lucas remained to stand there, trying to contain his temper, with his knuckles and jaw clenched.

"So you lied to me for the past three months?!" I raged. "You told me that you told her, but you fucking didn't!"

"Yes I did!" Lucas fought back. His face was now fuming red. "I told her, but she wouldn't listen to me!"

"You still lied to me". I cried. "So everything we did for the past three months was just for fun?"

Lucas opened his mouth, but before he could speak, I spoke up for him. "You used me!"

"I know I did!" Lucas cried, cradling his head in his hands and tugging at his hair. "I fucked up... again".

As he lifted his head, the vein in his neck was clearly visible. He looked like he was about to explode.

"I have to go gather my stuff". Lucas mumbles, beginning to walk upstairs, with his shoulders sagged.

"Friar!" I screamed. "You're not gathering your stuff. What about all the stuff we had together?" I asked, following him up the stairs, and tugging at his shirt, hoping he'd turn around and stop. "What about all the time we kissed? Or every time we touched? Every time you said you loved me?"

"It's all in the past now maya. Move on". Lucas growled, continuing to climb the staircase. Move on? How do I move on, after all of the affection he showed me? How does he go from I love you, to I hate you? I couldn't believe the words that were pouring from his mouth.

"No Lucas! I'm not letting you leave like this!" I yelled, clawing his back and pulling on his shoulders.

"You're being an Diana, Maya, quite your shit! I'm a fucking grown man, let me do things on my own!"

With that, he turned around and pushed me by my shoulders.

It took me by surprise when Lucas grabbed me by my shirt and put me against the wall, breaking a glass picture frame, causing it to break and crash to the floor.

Glass shattered around my feet, and I felt a warm ooze, drizzling down my shoulder.

Lucas let go of me, I look down to see the picture of me and Nathan. The moment he came into this world, I was caressing him in my arms, swaying him back and forth. And kissing him on the head, the picture I adored the most... Now it was ruined.

I glanced back at Lucas, with tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Did he try to hurt me?

His face had softened, and he carried a look of worry and guilt.

"Maya". Lucas mumbles, with his lips trembling.

If he was going to apologize... I didn't want to hear it... Because I wasn't going to forgive him.

"I didn't mean to-"

"I fucking hate you!" I cried, pushing past him, and running upstairs. By now, hot, wet tears were pouring from my eyes and streaming down my face.

"Maya please". Lucas begs, running after me.

As soon as I got upstairs, I ran to my room, and slammed the door in Lucas's face.

I ran to my bed, and buried myself into my soft, plush blankets, letting the tears escape and hoping maybe that they could drown me.

One minute he loves me and says he wants to be with me forever. The next minute he hates me and wants nothing to do with me. Why was he such an asshole?
✨✨✨
30 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter!!!

I have one week left and then I start my Junior year!!☹️