Ch.19:Time To Come Clean.

Maya
Just as he was about to turn around and leave, Diana opened the door and opened her big fat mouth.

"If you want to be with that bitch! Then go right ahead!" She shouted, and before Lucas could reply, she slammed the door so hard, you could see the chandelier shake through the window above the door.

Lucas turn to me with sad eyes. "You're not a bitch". He assured, lifting his hand and tucking back my loose strands of hair that dangled in front of my face.

"I feel like one". I mumbled, glancing down my feet. I felt his hand touch my chin, lifting it up, so that I was now looking into his eyes. "You're not Maya, believe me".

The smile within me was fighting to get out. I didn't want to smile, but the power of Lucas pulled it out of me just like Magic. My grin was contagious, because soon enough, Lucas was wearing one.

"You can come with me if you want". I told him, motioning to my car.

I didn't want to leave him here in the torturous hands of Diana. They'll probably rip each other's heads off. I didn't mind Diana's head being ripped off her body, but Lucas... No way.

"Thank you". Lucas thanks, flashing me a smile.

He backs up, and walks over to the other side of the vehicle. Of course he walked around the front, which gave him the whole view of my damaged headlights and bumper.

"What the heck did you do?!" He freaked out, as he realized the crushed front of the vehicle.

"Nothing" I lied, Lucas looked up at me, as he stands on the other side, and frowns. "You got into an accident?" He says. It sounded more like a question rather than a statement.

I shrugged my shoulders, as I get into the drivers seat. Lucas soon followed my actions, and he too gets in.

"It wasn't that bad". I assured, turning the ignition on.

"Yes it is". He says. "Are you hurt?"

"No" I replied back, backing out of his driveway, and began to drive down the road.

As I drove down the road, I happened to realize where exactly Lucas lived. He lived in one of those rich neighborhoods, where all the wealthy people lived. I couldn't help but feel more agitated. He was living the time of his life! Owning a giant house. And my life was like a game of twister. It was hard, rough, twisty, and full of fails.

"Um, Maya?" Lucas asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I take my eyes off of the road, and quickly glance at him. "Yeah?" I reply.

"I have to go pick up Stella from school".

I looked at the clock to see that it was now 3:00. The school bell had just rang, and Stella was probably waiting outside and searching for her dad.

"I'll drive you there". I announced, offering him a friendly smile.

Lucas leans back into the seat, and a faint smile appears on his face. "Thank you".
💛💛💛
Once we got to the school, Lucas got out of thee car, and went in search for Stella.

He brought her back to the car, and once she realized that I was sitting in the front seat, her face lights up. She was most likely excited to see Nathan.

"Why is she picking us up?" Stella questioned, as Lucas opened the door. Stella crawled into the vehicle, and plopped herself down in the backseat.

Lucas shut the door, and hopped into the passengers seat. "Mommy and I got into a fight". He murmurs. "So Maya's helping me out". He peers over at me and  let's out his signature smile.