Ch.17

Maya
"Nathan go upstairs while I talk to grandma". I said, pointing towards the staircase.

Nathan quickly runs away, and disappears upstairs.

"Mom, don't freak out it's just a misunderstanding".

"How many times do I have to tell you? He's is no good for you Maya. He's nothing but a fucking douchebag".

The words pouring from her mouth surprised me. She would never use such words out of profanity. Never! She was a good type of mom, I guess.

"Mom, please". I beg. "I'll explain everything".

She grabs my wrist and yanks me into the house. The familiar scent of candles and air freshener reminded me of my teenager years. I kind of missed it...

"Okay, look. It started a couple weeks ago when I went to pick up Nathan from school. He told me that he made a new friend, and when I went to meet her, she turned out to be Lucas's child.

"Wait, wait, wait".my mother snarled. "Lucas has a child?!" She seemed as surprised than I was, when I found out.

"Yeah..." I mumbled. Now she's going to hate him even more.

"What the hell?! Why didn't you tell me this sooner?"

"I don't know". I mumble.

My mom sighed, along with her rolling eyes.

"I'm not seeing him mom, Nathan is. He's friends with Lucas kid and they had a sleepover at his house."

"Now if you excuse me, I have to go to work". I replied.

"Wait". My mother called, but before she could say what she wanted, I shut the door in her face and ran back to my car.

I quickly rushed to work, signed in, put on my work attire and got the job over and done with.

By the time I was done, it was now 2:10 in the afternoon. I got into my car and drove to Lucas's house, not that I wanted too. But I had too, because I had to get Nathan's backpack and clothes that he left there.

When I got there, there was only one car sitting in their driveway, unlike the other day when there was two. The vehicle happened to be Lucas's black jeep so that probably meant Diana was gone at the moment.

I walked up their long twirly sidewalk, until finally standing outside of their door. I dreaded to knock. I didn't want to see any faces that happened to be on the other side.

Without waiting any longer, I lifted my hand and knocked. It took about a minute until I heard shuffling from inside.

The door opened, and behind it was Lucas. I let out a breath of air, thanking that it wasn't Diana. If it was, she'd probably attack me and punch me in the face.

"Maya". Lucas said, rubbing his sleepy eyes. "What are you doing here?"

I took a glance at him, realizing that he was wearing under armor basketball shorts, and a plain white muscle shirt. His hair was poking up in each every direction, while he had dark bags under his eyes. He looked like he didn't get that much sleep last night.

"Uhm, I came to get Nathan stuff. He left it here since Saturday".

"Oh...right". Lucas says.