Ch.4:Don't look me in the eyes.

Yeah I didn't know what to name this chapter.
💙💙💙
Maya
A few seconds later, the door handle turned and the door opened, exposing the last person I wanted to see.

Lucas...

His familiar green eyes travelled from my feet to my face, with an expression of surprisal.

When we made eye contact, his face lit up, his eyes widen, his eyebrows rose, his lips parted and his jaw quivered.

He stayed frozen to his spot.

"M-Maya?" He questioned, stuttering as he said my name. His voice sounded as nervous as I was. Probably even worse.

"Lucas". I mimic, giving him the most serious face I could.

He looked back into the house, as if he was looking to see if anyone was watching, before stepping outside and shutting the door.

"W-why are you h-here?" He asked.

"Because I'm dropping 'our' kid off at 'your' kid birthday party". I say, using quotation marks as I said 'our' and 'your'.

My level of temper was increasing rapidly. I yearned to slap him in the face, but I tried hardly to avoid my conscience.

"Maya". He mumbles.

"No!" I interrupt." Don't Maya me Lucas! I've spent the last five fucking years living in depression! I thought that once I told you that I was pregnant, you would be there for me and support me! I thought you were gonna hold me in your arms and be happy to start a family with me... But what did you do? You ran away from me, leaving me alone! And then the same year, you meet someone new, fuck them, and decide to stay with them instead?

That's fuck up Lucas! It's not fair! That should've been me! Not her! I spent all of my university money to support my child, and you didn't even tell your mother about all of this!

I didn't even realize all of the tears that were rolling down my face until I felt them dripping onto my chest. I probably had all my makeup running down.

I wiped my tears away and looked up at Lucas.

His face looked sad and sorrow.

"Maya, I'm really sorry". He says, reaching up to my face to wipe away my loose tears.

"No you're not". I snap, hauling away from his hand.

I didn't want him touching me, nor even looking at me.

"Don't look me in the eyes! You are a little fucking bastard! Do you know that?"

"I know Maya, I fucking know that! You don't have to remind me!" He snaps back.

I glare at him suprised. "Excuse me?"I question. He shouldn't be the one snapping at me. He should feel ashamed of himself, and stand there silently as I nag at him.

He blinked multiple times, like he was trying hardly not to cry in front of me.

"Can we talk about this another time?" He asks."Not at my daughter birthday party".

I roll my eyes at his ridiculous behavior. He probably just wants some more time to think of an apology. After five years, he couldn't bother to text me or even call me to say he's sorry? He was unbelievable.

"Fuck off friar". I spit.

I throw the present at him, in which it forcefully hits him in the stomach. He yelps at my unexpected action, as the present falls to the ground.

As I was about to turn around and walk away, I faced Lucas again.

"Oh, and if you dare go near my son, you are going to get it! I'll be back at 4:30 to pick him up, so you better be prepared."

With that I turned back around and ran back to my vehicle.

I jumped into the drivers seat, and let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in.

I glanced at myself in the rearview mirror, only to see my face covered in black. My mascara and winged eyeliner had ran all the way down my face, painting my cheeks in colors of black and grey.

Damn it.

I knew I took it very harsh back there, but he deserved everything that was thrown at him... Including the present.

He shouldn't of treated me like that, and he better have learned his lesson.
🦄🦄🦄
I'm sorry I haven't updated the story you guys. But I really hope you loved this chapter ❤️

20 votes & 10 comments