Three Months Gone

-Three Months Later-

Dean was truely dead. There was no way around it and there was no reversing it. He was gone. There were no other options left to try. This fact had gradually seared itself into the angels mind. There seemed to be no other way around this horrible fate. They had tried everything and failed every fucking time. Crowley and the hunter's perfect soul had vanished without a trace.

Cas was absolutely miserable. He was stuck with Sam and Gabriel, who teased him, and each other practically 24/7. Gabriel always made his sick, sexual, perverted jokes and Sam would usually play right into to them. Heather, who had decided to stick around with them for some odd reason, would occasionally join in on their conversations which always lead into a huge argument. The fights were generally between Heather and Gabriel about something ridiculously stupid. Those two squabbled just like siblings and Cas couldn't stand it. During all this, Sam would usually get jealous and over protective of the archangel and try to shield him from the fighting.

After a few weeks of searching for Dean, Cas had come to the conclusion that Heather was basically useless. She couldn’t hunt and she couldn’t fight. All the demons were hiding from them, which made her ability to see them utterly useless. The demons seemed to be under some sort of lockdown that was enforced 24/7 by the King of Hell himself. In three months they had only found three demons. THREE. Those black eyed bastards have never hidden this low before. Crowley must be really scared of what Sam and Cas were going to do him if they found him. No, wait….when they found him.

A few times they had almost gotten close to Crowley but somehow he always knew they were coming. Cas knew the King couldn't run forever, because the angel had all of entirety to search. He was going to catch up with Crowley eventually.

The angel glumly thought back to the little excursion that Bobby had sent them on three months earlier. Cas had been so excited when they got the call. Bobby, who had been calling from a payphone in from somewhere in Michigan, told them to go into the heart of Los Angeles to find their target. Apparently Bobby had found a rogue demon and had managed to pull this information from him. The demon had told Bobby that Crowley was heading to LA to make a deal with a very important client in two days’ time. The old hunter had been unable to figure out who Crowley was making a deal with, but frankly Cas hadn’t really cared. All that mattered to him was that he was going see Dean again really soon. 

As Sam talked with Bobby, Cas had already planned out his torture methods for Crowley once they caught him. The angel wasn’t going to be gentle on him. He was going to make sure that the King of Hell felt every ounce of pain that he had caused his family. There would be no letting up.

The minute that Sam got off the phone with Bobby, Cas had demanded that Gabriel fly them into Los Angeles immediately. He had refused to drive this time; Cas knew time was of the essence now. It hadn’t taken much convincing to get Gabriel to take them there but he sure had complained a whole hell of a lot about it.

“Lazy humans and their lack of respect for causal, scenic travels.” Gabriel grumbled rolling his eye.

“You hate car rides! and LA is all the way on the other side of the United States!” Castiel had exclaimed in utter irritation at his brother’s behavior. “And I’m not human. I am a multidimensional wavelength of celestial intent like you.”

“You might as well be human without your powers.” The archangel said before snapping his fingers.

When Castiel looked around he saw that they were no longer in West Virginia. The terrain was more gruff and mountainy that it had been at their old location.

Castiel gave his brother a bitter expression before Sam spoke up and said “At least he didn’t call you a baby in a trench coat like Dean did.”