Chapter-14

Smriti's POV-

Today is Thursday and Mia is dragging me to various stores in search of a dress. I am tired now! Mansi and Sunaina are with us too. The three of them are enjoying this a lot too much for my liking.

" Come on Smriti, enjoy! It is your engagement tomorrow." Mia said.

I gave her a smile.

Finally after 2 long hours, a gown was selected. Thank god.

We then went to Starbucks for coffee and then Mia dropped us to the hotel. There, the boys were waiting for us.

" Guys, I know that we are suspended for 5 days but Sanjay sir had called up to inform us that since we are in New York, we are required to go and meet these people." Fahim said and gave us some photographs.

" But who are they?" Mansi asked.

"They are our assets here. Any problem and we can contact them. Also, Manish sir will draft our transfer orders from Delhi to New York next month and we all can come here after your wedding." Rajat said.

" Okay, but who all are being transferred here?" I asked.

" Mansi, Chaitra, Fahim, Sunaina, Rajat, you and I." Lakshya said.

" Okay then. Let's leave." Chaitra said.

We were just about to exit the hotel, when I saw my parents along with the Grace and Carrick entering the hotel.

" Guys, let's get out of here before anyone sees us." I said.

They all nodded and we hired a cab.

" See, we are so dedicated. Who works in suspension?" Chaitra asked dramatically.

" We agree." All of us chorused.

By the time it was evening, we had met them all.

" Guys, I think we should return back to the hotel." Mansi said.

" Or else, aunty is gonna kill Smriti." Lakshya said.

I nodded.

We reached the hotel at dinner time.

" See here they are!" Mumma said as soon as she saw us.

" Smriti, are you nuts? We have to go for dinner to Christian's place and he has been kind enough to pick us all up. And you guys! You have no sense of time and responsibility." Mumma said.

Then I saw Mr Grey standing next to papa.

" Mumma, I was not aware about the dinner plan. Give me 5 minutes, I'll be back." I said and ran to my room.

I got dressed within 2 minutes, applied my mascara and lip balm in 1 minute, wore my heels and took my clutch on the next 1 minute. As promised, I was downstairs within 5 minutes. You see, the training we get in RAW is commendable.

Smriti's look-