0✨7

Luke's POV

Pitch black. Everywhere. It's all around me. It's suffocating. Where is everybody? Why can't I feel or see anything. Am I dead? Where's y/n? Is she all right? I can't leave her. No. I want to be with her. What's going on? Light. I need light. I want y/n. I can't die.

I need her.

Y/n's POV

The paramedics hauled Luke out of the ambulance and into the hospital. The doctor told me to stay in the waiting room. "No!" I demanded. "Are you a family member?" He asked. "No but I can't wait out here! I'm all he has! Please I'm begging you to let me come in." I pleaded. He sighed. "Fine."

He opened the double doors for me. "Thank you so much." I shook his hand. "Room 210" He replied and I bolted down the hall.

208...209....210!

I got to his room and slowly turned the handle. I walked in and there he was. His eyes were closed and there were all these cords attached to his lifeless body.

"Luke!" I cried. The nurse walked in. "What's wrong with him?! He was fine a few minutes ago!" I flipped.

"Calm down. He fell into a coma from the pain. We don't know how long he will be out." She said retrieving a cart with liquids on them. "Can I do anything to help speed the process of waking him?" I asked. "Yeah. Just sit with him and talk about positive, happy things. That helps." She left the room.

I grabbed his hand. "Hey, Luke. It's y/n. I miss you. And that's crazy cause you are right here. But that's how much I care about you. You have been such an amazing friend to me and seeing you change into a better person has been great. I'm so proud of you. You don't deserve any of this. None at all. I'm going to be here the whole time. I'm never leaving your side okay?" It felt like a river flowing down my cheeks.

-

2 weeks later

Luke still hasn't woken up and I'm getting worried. The doctors put him in surgery and it was successful so that's a good sign. I've visited everyday. Before school, after school, even on my free periods and lunch. I promised I wouldn't leave his side and I meant it. I'm never going to. I've been sleeping here on the weekends.

My back and neck aches but I don't give a shit. I've been here so many times that me and the nurses are on first name bases. It's sad now that I say this but hey, Luke means a lot to me.

Currently I'm sitting in 6th hour waiting for that damn bell to ring. I swear it's the longest class.

15 minutes.... 10 minutes... 5 minutes.... 2 minutes.... Riiiinnggg!

Finally! I was the first one out the door. I was almost to my car.

(Yeah you can drive. Cool right?!)

"Hey!" I turned around. "Hey Danny." I said unlocking my car. "Where you off to in such a rush?" He asked. "Um... just an errand." I lied. The only people who knows about my hospital visits are Shawn and Maddie.

"Hmm.. you've had a lot of 'errands' lately." He air-quoted. "Yeah I'm just a busy person. Always finding work." I chuckled nervously. He looked at me like I was on crack. "Well.. um.. I really have to go." I said stepping in my car and turning the engine on. I backed out of the student parking lot and sped off.

Phew! That was awkward.

-

I got to the hospital. "Hey y/n!" I smiled. "Christine." I replied to Luke's nurse. "How is he?" I asked. A wave of worry came over me. "He is actually doing better. He's still in his coma but he's responsive." "Oh thank god." I took a deep breath. "So he isn't going to die?" I asked. She chuckled. "No your boyfriend is going to be fine." I turned red. "He's not- We aren't dating." I said.