Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure," drawled Jacob as he picked up his glass of water.  "Tell everyone what you've done in the two weeks since you did that without my permission," smirked Jacob sardonically.

Ebony threw a dirty look at Jacob before she sighed wearily, "I have been joining Kayla in the meetings as she co-chairs Kevin."  Ebony pouted as she stared down at the pheasant sat in front of her.  "I still wish to attend the party in the White District."

"Okay," smiled Kaelen mischief sparkling in his eyes.

***

The White District

Ebony's face broke out into a wide grin as Jacob drew the symbol on the wall that would open the passage to the 'party' they were going to.  "Have you ever been to one of these," whispered Ebony excitedly to Kayla.

Kayla quickly nodded before Kaelen could turn to glare at them.  "He has a death grip on Xara's wrist," mentioned Kayla quietly to Ebony.  "Like he's afraid she's going to run away."

Ebony nodded as she took in the overly tightly grip, followed by Kaelen's set jaw.  "If I were to say which one he reminds me of I'd go with Lucas," giggled Ebony.

Kayla gave Ebony a blank stare before she joined her in laughing quietly, "Kaelen is definitely acting more like Jacob.  All I'm dominate shut up and like it."

"Would both of you stop comparing me to them.  It's impolite and I'm not an Ah'Tarian," snapped Kaelen as he pulled Xara toward the blinding white light. 

"You do know," smiled Ebony as she walked into the white light behind them.  "If you'd just announce that you are Kevin's grandson like ten times removed and have your power level tested you wouldn't have to marry that drakan, Ruby."

"I'm Nah'Byian," growled Kaelen his eyes flashing in warning toward Ebony and the nodding Kayla.  "I was born a Nah'Byian and I will -."

"Live almost forever as one," scoffed Lucas as he smacked Kaelen on the back playfully.  "We know."

Jacob rolled his eyes and grabbed Ebony's wrist, "He doesn't want anyone outside the council to know so leave off."

Ebony shrugged her shoulders.  "So what type of party is this," whispered Ebony to Jacob as she saw several people turn to stare at them.

Jacob's lips curled into a seductive smile as he leaned toward her. "This my dear is a toy party."

"Toy party," smiled Ebony her excitement palpable.  "I want to-."

"You can only watch," whispered Jacob as he grabbed her wrist and led her to a small observation room behind Lucas and Kayla.

Kaelen rolled his eyes as he pulled Xara into the cozy space.  "Ebony don't you believe you're a little too pregnant to participate," asked Kaelen seriously as they all sat in plush two seat sofas behind the one way mirror.

"No," mumbled Ebony as she frowned at her rounded stomach.  "I have at least five more months according to the medic."

"Right," responded Kaelen as he tried not to laugh at her glum expression.  "And after you have the baby, you and Jacob can come to the events without us knowing."

Lucas smirked, "I'd watch."

"No you wouldn't," snapped Kayla as she glared at Lucas.

"It's all in good fun," smiled Lucas as he leaned and kissed Kayla's upturned lips.  "They'd definitely watch us."

"I wouldn't," groaned Kaelen pretending to gag as he stared at Kayla and Lucas.  "I like to pretend like you two don't do that.  So stop it!"

Kayla giggled as she leaned into Lucas.  "When will they be here to have us place our palms on the confidentiality agreement reader so we can start the show?"