[11] Awkward Silences and Nauseous Feelings

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © All Rights Reserved: Chellybean

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really have much to say except I'm sorry for not uploading quicker and that ths is short. I hope you enjoy anyway though....Please.

Chapter 11 "Awkward Silences and Nauseous Feelings"

Silence. . .

More silence. . .

And even m-wait, his mouth opened... Is he going to speak? Yes-- oh wait... No, nevermind. He was just yawning.

With a heavy sigh, I ran my hand through my hair and leaned my head back. This. Was. Torture. Complete and utter torture. Tony and I haven't spoken for four hours and it's driving me crazy. Things only got worse when I needed to stop to change my pad.

He won't say anything, and I'm too much of a coward to try and spark up a conversation.

Although, I know if I tried, it would only make things more awkward.

I patted my thighs, trying to think of something to do. Things to do become very limited when you're in a silent car. I turned my head in Tony's direction, wanting nothing more than for him to say something. He was driving me crazy.

I sucked in a deep breathe, deciding to attempt at a conversation. "So, where are we right now?"

He didn't answer me. He didn't say a single thing. His mouth didn't even move a centimeter, not even a slight twitch. He remained impassive, his chiseled jaw clenched tight, his lips pursed, his narrowed eyes glued to the road ahead.

It was driving me absolutely bonkers.

I clenched my hands into tight fists at my sides, trying my hardest not to punch him in the face. All I did was ask him a simple question. But him being the jerk-face he is, won't answer because of a stupid pad incident.

I glared at him, wondering how the heck I ever had a crush on him. Yes, that's right. I, Mandy Preston, leader of the "Tony Hater" club, use to have a school girl crush on Antonio Montoya. Maya and I had been best friends since kindergarten, but the crush didn't start until about grade four. That was when Maya and I were just best friends, not sisters, and I hadn't really known Tony. As I had gotten older, and I spent more and more time with Maya, I had gotten to know Tony better. I knew he was a player, and that he had lots and lots of girlfriends, but the crush still remained.

That was, until I had moved in with them.

After that eventful year of grade nine, the crush that had built up strong for Tony, instantly crumbled down as he showed his true colours. He was a jerk to everyone, especially me. He was immature as heck. I remember always hearing him come home at four in the morning, drunk off his mind.

He was the annoying-est person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

He's locked me out, he's thrown out my stuff, he's hidden and stolen things that are very precious to me, he's gotten me in trouble more times than I can count. I can't go five minutes without wanting to strangle him. Even with all that though, and as much as I say it to him, I don't think I could actually hate him. Despise with a passion? Yes.

But not hate.

With another sigh, I looked away, trying to find something to rid myself of this boredom. At least when Tony and I argued, I had something to do. It's odd really, that I've been praying for this moment, for when Tony would stop bothering and be quiet. But now that I got what I wanted, I realized it wasn't as good as I had expected.

Darn you Tony! I felt like screaming in his face. As much as he is annoying as heck, and how at times I want to strangle him, I know that this road trip would suck if he was a goody two shoes. My life would probably be boring without the stupid, immature, reckless things he seems to do every time he has a chance.

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, nearly jumping out of my seat. He was staring right at me, an expression on his face I couldn't name. I began to panic. Had I been muttering? Did he hear everything I just thought about? I felt my cheeks heat up. If he did I'm going to be insanely embarrassed.

He was still staring at me, not even a single glance at the road. Which panicked me more. That's how people die in car crashes.

As that thought crossed my mind, my whole body went tense and rigid. I felt tears well up in my eyes and mentally cursed myself for thinking about it. Great, not only am I trapped in a silent car. I'm not trapped in a silent car with terrible memories flashing in my mind.

I wiped my eyes, noticing Tony's blank look turned to one that was confused and a little bit worried. I was beginning to feel self conscious. I was on the verge of crying and he was staring at me, his gaze not wavering one bit.

"Watch the road!" I snapped after a couple minutes of pure uncomfortable-ness. Tony expression quickly turned to one of shock before he snapped his head forward. I turned my head away form him and wiped my eyes again.

I sat back, watching the grass by with a suddenly nauseous stomach. I wiped my eyes once again before closing them, willing the feeling to disappear. It didn't. As the minutes passed, it got worse and worse, until the point where I needed to get out of the car.

And I needed to leave now.

"Tony, can you pull over?" I asked him quietly, noting that my voice sounded nothing like it normally did.

"Why?"

That was the first time he spoke in four hours. I should be happy that he finally said something, but I wasn't. All I wanted was to pull over, not answer his stupid questions.

"Just please pull over" I begged, wrapping my arms around my stomach. From the corner of my eyes I saw him turn to face me, shaking his head.

"I need to know why-"

"Just pull over!" I screamed, sending him a wild look. His eyes widened in shock and he quickly obeyed, jerking the car over to the side road. As soon as the car came to a stop I was out and walking a away quickly. Once I was far enough, I stopped and swallowed the lump in my throat, feeling the shaky feeling coming on. I knew what was going to happen.

I ran a shaky hand through my hair, trying to calm down. Nothing was working and I could feel my stomach churning uneasily.

"Mandy, what's wrong? What's happening?" I heard Tony ask, followed by footsteps heading towards me. With my back still facing him, I opened my mouth to tell him to stay back.

Except that's not came out.

Before I knew it, I was on my knees, emptying the contents of my stomach.

Aw, poor Mand-Turd.....Sorry this chap is more on the shorter side. I tried to make it as long as I could, but I knew it should stop here and I didn't want you all waiting forever.

Please tell me what'cha thinkie.

Toodleroo,
~Chellybean.