[24] It All Comes Rushing Back

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © All Rights Reserved: Chellybean

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24 "It All Comes Rushing Back"

Why was everybody staring?

As Tony and I trudged through the streets of a city I couldn't exactly name, and frankly didn't care to, we kept receiving odd stares. I continuously looked down at myself and at Tony, checking for any giveaways that we were stuck in a forest for a least a week. 

I came up with nothing. 

Then, I was a little nervous about being seen with a raccoon and a deer on the streets. Maybe that was causing the strange looks. I wouldn't blame them either. If I was in their shoes, I'd be looking at us strangely as well. 

With that thought, I marched along, blissfully ignoring the stares. We were on a search for a restaurant that held outdoor seating. Then maybe afterwards, we could grab a hotel and I can bathe. 

I honestly think that the reason my skin looked a little darker, was because of the multiple layers of dirt caked on my body. With the thought fresh in my mind, I suddenly felt just how dirty I really was. My hair was beyond greasy, my nubs of fingernails had dirt around the edges. Looking down at my legs, I noticed the scars from the explosion.

Maybe it really was our appearance that was drawing the attention.

But, I looked over at Tony. Through the whole week, the only thing that showed he hadn't been keeping up with himself was the small beard growing on his face. Even his clothes looked clean! And I used his shirt that one night too!

I glared at him, cursing him and his eternal hotness no matter the situation. And I cursed myself for thinking that way. 

Who could blame me though? The beard makes him look kinda sexy to be completely honest.

Okay, so it was MY appearance that was drawing the attention.

Well eff me.

"They fit the description from the News..." I heard a women whisper to her friend as they walked by, both staring at us. Okay, well I'm not the only one being stared at, but was she talking about us? 

What about the News? We were on it? Why would we be on the news?

"Man-turd, lookit! There's a diner just across the street!" I shook my head, riding myself of the useless worried swarming in my head. Following Tony's finger, I looked across the street to the diner. 

And there was outdoor seating! Booyah!

We walked over to a crosswalk and waited patiently for the signal. Minnie stood on my right, with Burrito riding on her back. The sight was adorable. I wish my phone hadn't exploded with Tony's car so I could capture the moment of cuteness between the two. 

The walking signal flashed on and we treaded across the road. I could smell the aroma from a good distance away, and my mouth literally began to water.

When was the last time I actually ate something? 

I couldn't even remember! 

We entered the diner, leaving Burrito and Minnie outside. A waitress came out from the back with a wide smile on her face. Upon laying her eyes on us though, the smile instantly vanished and was replaced by a look of confusion. It lasted only a couple seconds, and the smile returned.